"Experimental Lattice"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

One of the Puzzlers was asking if a lattice design could be done on a pen where you would end up seeing the brass tube through the lattice work. This is what I came up with. Far from perfect, just a prototype but it did work.

All comments welcome. Thanks for lookin'.

Attachments

• Lattice Prototype.jpg
    Lattice Prototype.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 486
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Outstanding job Steve . How about casting the tube in place so you can polish it up first , the resin would work like glue to hold the tube in place .

Texatdurango

Nice idea. I think a pen would really look sharp using one of the plated tubes that matched the plating of the kit. Then using slow drying epoxy to glue the tube with a dab of CA on each end to hold things in place while cleaning the excess epoxy out of the cavities.

Thanks, just one more idea to put on the ever growing "To Do" list!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Nice design but I think the tube needs painting. It's not the tube but the glue that seems to be distorting the clear section to the tubes. What do you have in mind?

thewishman

Really cool! Reminds me of a trellis.

Could one make the lattice and then cast it in resin, so the holes were colored resin? On a Sierra Vista there would be plenty of depth available. That would be easier than cleaning glue out of the holes.

btboone

Does that type of pen twist to get the point out? I could see a lasered version of that where an inner and outer spiral go past each other as the pen mechanism is twisted.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Does that type of pen twist to get the point out? I could see a lasered version of that where an inner and outer spiral go past each other as the pen mechanism is twisted.

You would!:eek::eek:

Nice pen for a prototype. I can definitely see several interesting variations on this coming in the future.

davinci27

Great concept. Between you and bruce, I've got a great idea I want to try. Now I've just got to figure out how to do the lattice effect. How am I going to get any real work done with all these new ideas distracting me.

Top Bottom