New Shop Cabinet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

I needed some way to corral all of the lathe accessories, since acquiring this addiction about two years ago.

Bought two drawer boxes from a kitchen remodeler's closeout aisle. The top is from a restaurant demolition a few years ago. (My router table top and fence is made from the same counter.) Coupled the two boxes together, wrapped in 1/4" plywood. I added casters, since I have a small space in my garage.

This cabinet holds all of my turning tools, chucks & jaws, lathe accessories, and pen kits.

The CocaCola case was given to me by one of their distribution managers, when the wooden cases were discarded. It comes in handy to keep all the glue, accellerator, micromesh and other stuff.

Comments welcome. Thank you.

Attachments

• Tool Cabinet.jpg
    Tool Cabinet.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

Very nice. A place for everything and everything in its place. Looks like it cost a fortune, and you did it on the cheap. We've got a shop here that has a lot of surplus remodeling stuff, I may have to take a trip over there tomorrow and poke around.

Steve W.

nava1uni

Looks really nice. Great idea. I have been looking for a way to make a mobile stand to mount several tools as needed. Sears used to make a mobile cart that various tools could be mounted to and when they were not being used they were stored in slots like shelves. Nice system, but they no longer make it.

Tn-Steve

Looks really nice. Great idea. I have been looking for a way to make a mobile stand to mount several tools as needed. Sears used to make a mobile cart that various tools could be mounted to and when they were not being used they were stored in slots like shelves. Nice system, but they no longer make it.

That's a heck of a good idea. Slide out the tool you need, it's all mounted on a piece of MDF, you clamp it in place and you're ready to rock. It would be especially nice where you have limited shop space. Gives me a couple of great ideas for my shop.

Steve
Who is often mistaken for Brad Pitt at a distance by blind people.

nava1uni

Actually there is an indentation cut into the cabinet top. The tool is mounted to a piece of MDF by 2 or 3 bolts. The board then fits into the indentation and is held in place by two clamps that twist over the board and hold it in place. The MDF towers held 4 to 5 tools depending on the height of the tool.

Top Bottom