What were your GROSS SALES for 2006 .....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imported poll question missed, please edit

• I do not sell pens, enjoy making them and giving them away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobby- Sales under $1,000

• Casual Sales- 1,000 - 5,000

• Entergetic- 5,000 - 10,000

• Ambitious- 10,000 - 25,000

• Serious - 25,000 - 50,000

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I have set this poll up a little early this year, because we have alot of new members, that may not have seen this before.

This is just a small barometer of how sales have been for us threw out the year. So when you close your books on 2006, don't forget to get your vote in.

Wishing you the best in sales for 2007 :)

Here are a couple of links from the past years 2004 & 2005

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2601&SearchTerms=year,end,sales

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11525&SearchTerms=year,end,sales

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Can't tell you, yet Anthony!!!

A WHOLE MONTH left. Currently, I am seriously ambitious.

HOWEVER, my SUPPLIERS are well BEYOND ambitious in THEIR sales to ME!!!

PenWorks

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
NOBODY asked what we MAKE, just what we SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you Ed [:)]
What I spent on the new Studio/showroom, I will be lucky to break
even in 10 years [:0] Thank goodness for tax deductions !

ashaw

T have taken the leap from a hobby to a business. This year will are looking at gross sales of 6,500.00 That was from May and servicing 5 stores. Next year we will be servicing 50 stores. I just got done our business plan for 2007 and we are hoping for gross sale around 75,000.00. Most of it is production turning but with the trade off of working for someone else I'll take it...

gerryr

Well, the year isn't over yet, but I don't think I'll make it into the "ambitious" category. I came real close only doing 5 shows, three of which I won't ever do again. It was a huge leap from last year when I barely made it out of the "Casual" realm. Hard to say about next year, since I refuse to spend more than one day driving anywhere and I'm not interested in doing shows every week or even every other week. For several years, I sold photos in art shows between Arizona and Ohio. The first couple of years were fun, but after that it became a grind.

chigdon

I think I will get a few more but not enough to bump me into the Serious category. Right now with outstanding orders I am at $20,543.50 -- up almost $8k from last year. Actually, I would agree with Anthony, there are definately people doing a lot more in sales than that and more than $50k as well.

dubdrvrkev

Lets see.. If you move the decimal over to where the comma is, in Ambitious I'd be busting out of there. I sold one pen all year. I used to sell some around work and they company now makes a big stink about calling it a personal business and yada yada yada = no more sales. Doesn't seem to stop other people from doing their stuff around there. No, I'm not bitter.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />
Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br />*painting bullseye on my back*

Heart attack serious category.

Steve, give me time to load up my 306 and I'll take a shot[:D]

I am a .308 guy myself, when I was serious a few years back with my remi I could cloverleaf groups of 3 at 100M. One group, measured .17

bmchan

Originally posted by fiferb
<br />I'm casual for gross sales, put me in the negative for net sales.[:D] I gotta quit buying the big tools sooner or later.[:p]

Write them off over a period of five years. If a tool cost $1,000, recognize only $200 a year as an expense. Really big tools will be in production for seven to ten years.

jjenk02

<br />
Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />
<br />*painting bullseye on my back*

Heart attack serious category.

Steve, give me time to load up my 306 and I'll take a shot[:D]

I am a .308 guy myself, when I was serious a few years back with my remi I could cloverleaf groups of 3 at 100M. One group, measured .17

On second thought I'll hold my fire[:D]

OKLAHOMAN

Only one show this year and a semi show at that but with sales at work and to people I know a little over $2,000.00. Am in the building inventory mode for next year when I retire and will hopefully go to 15-20 "ARTS & GRAFTS" shows....

PenWorks

Heading down the HOME STRETCH ! [:)] Rev them sales engines and don't forget to enter your sales when it is all said & done.

Merry Christmas

woodpens

I'm just barely serious this year. I didn't keep my marketing funded as well as I should have, and it cost me $10k from last year's sales. However, my net is much closer to gross than it was last year. My sales are virtually all via my website.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
In a 12 month period I sold around $3500 in pens plus a lot of demos and classes at the Rockler store. The other side is I have receipts from a "local" supplier formore than $3000 in supplies. Guess I gave away too many, huh?. Like Bruce said, "if it ain't fun....".
Wood Butcher

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
For some reason, It will not let me vote, but I just finished mt tally for last year and my gross sales were $7,186. That's from 14 small shows and word of mouth at mine and LOML work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom