Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phixius

Hi all I'm new to the craft but hooked beyound measure. I am needing a economical source for pen blanks first. Second pen kits all kinds. I'm a perfectionist and looking forward to learning from the experience and expertise found here. Any and all help appreciated. PSALMS 46:1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Assuming you have the means to reduce a block of wood to approximate pen blank size , the cheapest source is your firewood pile , followed by your neighbors , although that should cost you a pen or two . Blown down trees - preferably dead ones . Tree removal services . Watch what others put out in the garbage . Old pallets - some may have been chemically treated . Blocking that falls off of trucks onto the highway . Sawmill nearby ?

Woodchipper

Lots of sources listed. Just remember to let the wood dry before turning it. Woodcraft and Penn State will have sales listed on their website. My wife got a notice on her Android a while back on blank sales. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Penmaking!

MRDucks2

If you are more limited in your ability to cut blanks, some of the cutting boards from IKEA can provide a lot of color variety of easy turning wood of a reasonable thickness. In addition, WoodTurningz.com has many wood blanks in the $1 each price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

sbwertz

Befriend a tree trimmer! Some of my most beautiful wood was gifted by a local arborist with a love for beautiful woods.

Top Bottom