Cross style refill in Canada???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Math2010

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy quality Cross style ink refills in bulk (Monteverde, Dayacom, ...), but I didn't find any supplier in Canada at a fair price. My supplier now carry no brand refills and I'm the type of person who prefers branded product.

Do you have some suggestions?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Mal any of the "named" pen refills are expensive. A pair of Cross refills from Staples is $9.39 so Darrin's find is a much better buy but eBay has better deals.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_fro...RS0&_nkw=cross+ballpoint+pen+refills&_sacat=0

William Wood-Write have some at lower prices too. Disclaimer time. Marla makes blanks for this company.

https://www.penblanks.ca/Nibs-cartridges-refills/

Dayacom refills are the ones we all remove for better ones. Maybe the OP can source a bucket full direct from Dayacom. :wink: Nope just tried and they don't come up on their site. :frown:

Math2010

Mal any of the "named" pen refills are expensive. A pair of Cross refills from Staples is $9.39 so Darrin's find is a much better buy but eBay has better deals.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_fro...RS0&_nkw=cross+ballpoint+pen+refills&_sacat=0

William Wood-Write have some at lower prices too. Disclaimer time. Marla makes blanks for this company.

https://www.penblanks.ca/Nibs-cartridges-refills/

Dayacom refills are the ones we all remove for better ones. Maybe the OP can source a bucket full direct from Dayacom. :wink: Nope just tried and they don't come up on their site. :frown:

Which brand are you taking to replace the Dayacom and where did you get them?

Curly

Marla only made Cross refill type pens (slimline/streamline) in the beginning and didn't replace them, then went to Parker type pens. Only occasionally make pens now and they are from Scotland and don't have Dayacom refills in them. Hard to justify putting an expensive refill into a kit that cost less than the refill eh?

Math2010

Marla only made Cross refill type pens (slimline/streamline) in the beginning and didn't replace them, then went to Parker type pens. Only occasionally make pens now and they are from Scotland and don't have Dayacom refills in them. Hard to justify putting an expensive refill into a kit that cost less than the refill eh?

In fact, it's because my customer come back to me to buy refills. So I want quality to offer, but I want to be a bit cheaper than Staples...

darrin1200

Even if you order from one of the popular vendors in the States, you are looking at about $2.50cdn per refill. Even if you buy in bulk.
Personally I never worried about branding on the cross refills. I never found a huge difference in them, unlike the difference between the stock Parker and the branded Parker. I even bought an actual cross, and compared them side by side and, to me, there was no difference except cost.

zig613

Even if you order from one of the popular vendors in the States, you are looking at about $2.50cdn per refill. Even if you buy in bulk.
Personally I never worried about branding on the cross refills. I never found a huge difference in them, unlike the difference between the stock Parker and the branded Parker. I even bought an actual cross, and compared them side by side and, to me, there was no difference except cost.

I agree, I haven't found too much difference between the non-name brand vs the branded cross refills. As for Canadian sources I generally buy the non-branded from Lee Valley or William Wood-Write.

Wade

Math2010

Really interesting! I'm glad that you made the experiment... I might stay with unbranded one though...

Top Bottom