Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Poll: What were your Gross Pen sales for 2007

• Entergetic - 5,000 - 10,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ambitous - 10,000 - 50,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PenWorks

What were your GROSS Pen sales for 2007 ?

I have been prompted by another member to get my annual Pens sales poll going. He must have sold a bunch this last year :D

I hope this poll is a small barometer of our little cottage industry and you find it usefull.I will make a few adjustments this year in the values.

I have embedded a secret code in the script, so that this poll can not be viewed by any IRS agents :D

I hope you all had a safe and fun year of turning, wether it is for fun or profit. ;)

Wishing you all the best of sales for 2008! [:p]

Prior annual pens sales from
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19663&SearchTerms=2006
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11525&SearchTerms=pen,sales
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2601&SearchTerms=pen,sales

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

We have about 4500 members. It sure would be nice to see at least 10% of the membership vote.
Last year we had a 130 votes, in 2005 we had over 380 votes. So if you read this please vote. I am sure you fit somewhere in the choices. Thanks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Frank,

IRS can't track your answer, go for it!!

Besides, 10 - 50K does cover a rather LARGE span:D:D

More important, I was UP over last year in a craft show market that has been, generally, DOWN.

Now, let's talk about my success in the PEN SHOW world. Did ONE show in Washington, DC. Watched two of my friends do pretty well (I don't get green eyes, I was VERY happy to see them prosper)> Meanwhile, I sold just over $100 in two days. So, I may be good, but I sure AIN'T GREAT!!!

That show WAS fun, because of all the interesting people I met.

GaryMGg

Ed,

You know the IRS is watching Frank's IP address and tracking his reply -- you mailed them the postcard. Oops, ca'ts outta the bag. [}:)]:D

I had a very low holiday season as the retail bookstore carrying my pens closed down.
However, for a guy who had no expectation of selling pens when he started, I'm thrilled with the economic results of my first year. I probably managed to spend more than I took in but haven't run all the numbers yet.

I do know I had a blast, met some good folks, made a lot of new friends, and that's something you can't put a price on!

Cheers,
G

TheHeretic

I usually carry them when I am on the road. and this year was an off year. But on my last tour I was able to sell almost $800 worth of pens. (for me a tour is usually 3 months) And I did sell about $400 in the spring tour. Not bad. But now I need to get quite a few more pens done. I am down to my last 36 for sale. And I usually only carry about 24 to 36 on each tour.

I had done two a couple of True-Stone pens and was curious as to whether or not I priced them high. Well they were the first two sold at $125 each. Nice for me.

Anyhow.....

Dean
Columbus OH

Rifleman1776

Sorry guys, I'm about to leave on my world tour.

20071223145243_rofl.gif

PenWorks

111 votes in. I am sure the rest of you are waiting till 12/31/07 to close your books :D
Please vote.

Something to think about for 2008. Have you given yourself a pay raise?
I can't think of more than two or three companies that have not hit me with a price increase for their goods for next year.
Some pen comapnies have taken a 30% hike on their pens. A lot of what we buy comes from Europe and with the dollar tanking, price hikes are a norm latley. So don't short change yourself this year. Give yourself a raise and bump your prices a little.

scotirish

ZIP! ZILCH! NADA! If I don't keep it I, very reluctantly, give it to someone in my family. I did the make and sell while I worked, now I am retired so I keep them. Someone help me I an a*# deep in pens and making more.:D

gerryr

This was a pretty good year. I did fewer, but better quality shows and my sales were up 84% over 2006. Not sure what will happen next year, since we have to travel around and visit colleges our son is interested in attending. So far, only one show is planned but it should be good.

Top Bottom