PSI Transfer wand.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig B

Any of you have the transfer wand from psi? It would be neat to put names on the finished pen if it actually works.

Any have any comments? Good or Bad.....

Thinking of maybe investing in one if they actually work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The transfer wand only works with images and text from a copy machine or laser printer... it will not work with ink jet...
I have seen it used quite a bit in the scrolling community and they say that the transfer comes off easily with mineral spirits.. so I would guess that the finishes we use for pen turning would destroy the transfer... and if used on a finished pen the heat would most likely ruin the finish..
Just my opinion

Craig B

I knew I'd get the scoop on them if I asked. I kinda figured it was too good to be true but wanted to ask someone who already had some experience with them as money is too tight to be experimenting with toys that don't work.

Thanks guys for the answer. Think I'll save my money for more pen blanks!!!!!

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
It is a handy tool for doing what it was made to do, and that is transferring the line image from a Xerox copy to the wood so we will have a pattern to follow with a woodburning tool. You can do the same thing with a cloths iron or a soldering iron tip.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, Russ and Fred. I knew I was missing the point of this tool. It didn't make sense that it was just to "iron on a decal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom