Guess the wait...win a prize

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

WE HAVE A WINNER! SEE END OF THREAD!

I got lucky tonight! No, not that way...at least that I'm telling... but I won a very generous spontaneous contest sponsored by Skiprat. I will "pay it forward" with a GUESS THE WAIT contest to mirror the "guess the weight" contest he set up. Steven is sending me a beautiful pen that my son will likely claim if he is even luckier than I was. How long will it take my incredibly unreliable mailcarrier to get the pen to me?

Post your estimated date and time (EST) that the pen will arrive at my home in Maryland. Winner gets a small flat rate box of goodies from my shop...winner can send me a wishlist and I will do my best to fill it (within reason!).

winner will be the closest guess to actual arrival time.

Merry Christmas to all...hopefully my carrier can get it here by Little Christmas!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Reconsider!!

Knowing international shipping, I'm going with January 15th at 11:30 AM! :)

Let's see, the eastern seaboard just had a rain-snowstorm. That would have moved out over the North Atlantic???? Headed toward Britain??? Then Skippy has to tape the pen to his FAVORITE carrier pigeon, who must brave the headwind.

Should it arrive on American soil, won't it have to clear customs??? Federal employees, snow and Holidays???? So, taking everything into consideration, the 2010 elections will come in November, so the package should arrive during the late Summer, so Jon's senator can claim he "personally got everything he could" for Jon.

BTW, did the British postal employees ever get what they wanted, or are they still on a "work slowage", Skippy??

1080Wayne

Oh , what a bunch of pessimists !! Skippy will have it in the mail in 4 hours . That gives Rudolph over 2 days ! Dec 24 , 3 PM . Unless Jon is still busy unwrapping last years coal , and doesn`t have time to go to the post office .

PenPal

Incredible Service

Enquiry to CDCO in Illinois 11th December Paypal next day from me delivered today Tuesday here weight 17 lb 22nd December. 8000 miles.

My guess 2nd January.

Regards Peter.

RAdams

Banned
I just realized i have guessed a Sunday... My NEW modified guess is Jan. 9th, 11:18 A.M.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice one Jon :biggrin: But just remember that your pen was once justa couple of old bolts, before you hand out your prized blanks or something:eek::biggrin:

Some of the ETA guesses are extremely optimistic:wink: I can tell you that the average time for a USA delivery is around 10 business days. Add in Christmas holidays etc.....:wink::biggrin:

Yours and Tom's consolation have both gone. I'll send the tracking numbers via PM:)
For some reason postage to Canada seems to take less time that to the States, so I think Tom will get his first

Last edited:
Top Bottom