IAP Birthday Bash DATE ADJUSTMENT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
By popular demand, we're adjusting the date of our birthday bash for 2009 and beyond to the month of February.

Our forum went live on Jan 1 2004, so we previously celebrated in the month of January. Over the years it has been evident that this puts a tremendous strain on the organizers trying to get everything set up during the holiday season.

February seems like the next best choice, so plan on joining us then for contests, drawings, prizes, and general good times as we celebrate 5 years!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!!!!! :eek:Has a whole year passed already???? I've still got a hangover from the last BB:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I was a brand new member when the bash was in full swing last year . I can't wait to be involved this year , to celebrate the IAP birthday AND my membership anniversary ! Thanks everybody ! :biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I don't know .. Dec 31st we add a leap second, so I don't know it this
will throw off my schedule for the next several weeks or not. I'll have to
check this out and RSVP you later on. ok?

NCWoodworker

I can't wait for this year's bash...disappointed I have to wait another month..ha! But, I love the competitions and seeing what everyone comes up with...very cool event!

Chris

bad

It's great fun. I was skunked last year, but the year before I had a nice win on one of the many fun things going on. Get involved - and be generous!

OK, so I'm assuming that we donate items for a draw? I also remember from one of the other threads that I read that there's a contest for the ugliest piece? Anything else?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
OK, so I'm assuming that we donate items for a draw? I also remember from one of the other threads that I read that there's a contest for the ugliest piece? Anything else?

Some contest prizes are donated by businesses, some are donated by members, and Jeff goes out and buys others.

It's my job to rustle up the donations, so I'll make a posting in a day or so asking who would like to furnish prizes, so be on the lookout for that.

The birthday bash is a great bit of fun...lots of hard work goes into it, so make sure you participate and have a blast! :)

Scott

I have to say that I have been a BIG WINNER during each and every Birthday Bash the IAP has ever held! Of course I count making lots of new friends, having lots of fun, and doing crazy stuff as BIG WINS! The Bash is our chance to have fun and celebrate! I look forward to this year's bash more than ever before!

Scott.

keithkarl2007

i was just thinking, for the birthday bash, how about on the first of february at a certain time we try and as many penturners possible to be online. At the moment the most users ever online is 170, why don't we try and break that

DocStram

i was just thinking, for the birthday bash, how about on the first of february at a certain time we try and as many penturners possible to be online. At the moment the most users ever online is 170, why don't we try and break that

HAH!!! I like this idea a whole lot. I wonder what a good time would be? Any suggestions???

Also, I'm going to present this idea to the Bash Planning Team. I like it!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom