Have you ever?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Have you ever owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee in any trim?
I've never owned a Jeep, so I have zero experience with them.

If you care to share your experience, I would appreciate it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
My wife and I own a Jeep Patriot and love it. Our daughter and son in law own two Jeep Grand Cherokees and love them both. All three vehicles are loaded to the max with options including the off road package which includes skid plates etc. We did have a transmission problem with the Patriot but it got resolved and cost Jeep, and the dealership, some out of pocket expenses (airfare to pick it up, we were traveling when it broke down, hotel rooms, meals and rental car). Would I buy another Jeep? In a heart beat. Where I live, way up in the mountains, you need a vehicle that is dependable and ours are. One caution though, if you don't have to buy it through Lithia good. Otherwise they're a pain to work with.

mecompco

Sorry, the original Cherokee (XJ) is my platform, but for Jeep knowledge, I suggest you head over to www.jeepforum.com. They have sub-forums dedicated to all the different models. The site is useful enough that I paid for a life membership.

tomtedesco

As with any vehicle I have had mixed results about Jeeps. Owned Wagoneers when they were the big 4X4 to have. Purchased Cherokees later in life, one good, one bad. Last one had very bad problems, finally caught fire in my driveway. Never bought another Jeep, could happen to any brand.

Shock me

My father was the chief engineer for the original Grand Cherokee, he'd been with Jeep since the AMC days. I've driven many and loved the all.

Woodchipper

A friend's son is into off-road with a Wrangler. Says the name stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. Spends a ton of $$$ on equipment, lift kits, etc.

epigolucky

I owned a '99 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Great vehicle, put over 300K miles on it, very few issues. I now have a '13 JK and love it, planning on doing some upgrades in the spring, lift, bumpers, etc.

Top Bottom