Are you "The Best"???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I guess Scott knows I'm NOT!!!

I've been asked to get the word out that the BEST pen makers on IAP have their chance to shine!!!

Four categories of contest!!

Kitless,
Casting,
Segmenting and
Unlimited!!

Take a look here:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/contest.php

See which category "trips your trigger" and get started on your masterpiece!!

This contest is different from others--the judges will see your actual PEN, not pictures. So, there is no way to HIDE your "oooppppssss" moments.
(This is also going to require shipping the pens a couple times---hence the entry fee for this contest)

For the true experts, this will be a BIG advantage--so get working on your entries, about a month to get them done.

Also, DO NOT POST PICTURES ON THE IAP OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE!!!! This will disqualify your pen (The magazines don't want to publish a pen AFTER the world has seen it and they DO intend to publish pics of some of the pens!!!----National EXPOSURE---can't beat that if you are trying to SELL your pens!!!)

"Winner of Woodturning Design---IAP pen contest" is quite a credential!!

Go earn it!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Any idea when they would announce the winner?

Good question! A lot depends on how long it takes to ship the pens between the judges. I'm thinking we'll be able to announce the winners by November 1st. Maybe a little sooner. Shipping the pens around is going to be a lot of work and will take some time. But it's the only way to really judge pens of this caliber.

Scott.

bitshird

If you can make it here you should be able to swing your way into the PMG. I wish I had half the talent required to get into this in a semi challenging way. I can't wait to see what rolls down the pike!!! Good luck to all entrants.

Toni

WOW quite the prestigious group of judges for this contest. Sounds like an amazing contest to enter best of luck to everyone that enters!!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
WOW quite the prestigious group of judges for this contest. Sounds like an amazing contest to enter best of luck to everyone that enters!!
Good thing (for us) your stuff is still on the boat - at least we now have a chance:wink:

Toni

Good thing (for us) your stuff is still on the boat - at least we now have a chance:wink:

Yep all my supplies right now are in Port waiting on customs clearance. I would have loved to have entered the contest!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just a note to keep this "in the eye" of the forum!!

About a month to make the prize-winning pen!!!

Rumor has it that this could become an annual event, if the interest is great enough---so all you "Really good pen makers"---if you make this contest a success, there are likely to be "follow ups"!!

If participation is light, keeping the magazines interested will be far more difficult!!

So, get out and become "Front-page news"!!!

Top Bottom