Best ice cream?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

It would have to be the Blue Bunny Strawberry Cheesecake with White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Balls. Unfortunately it was a limited edition from several years ago. (sigh)

Toni

Since the icecream stinks in New Zealand I can honestly tell you I really miss..
GREEN Mint chocolate Chip, GREEN Pistachio, Coffee and Phish Food!!

hewunch

Graeters in Cincinnati is some REALLY good stuff. Their "chocolate chuck" flavors started out with syrup that froze during the process. YUMMY!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Best Icecream

Well, the truth is the best ice cream I have ever had came from a little Family Farm Ice cream place in Pleasant Valley NY. I don't remember the name of the family (it was over 50 years ago) but I will never forget the ice cream it was out of this world in two or three flavors and only sensational in the others they had.

aggromere

Day in and day out has to be Blue Bell Ice Cream of any flavor. When I lived in Texas we could get peppermint around Christmas time. But really, just plain old vanilla. It's peach season here in the southeast so we make up some churns of homemade peach that is really out of this world.

Toni

Well, the truth is the best ice cream I have ever had came from a little Family Farm Icecream place in Pleasant Valley NY. I don't remember the name but I will never forget the ice cream it was out of this world in two or three flavors and only sensational in the others they had.

Hummm....I used to live near that town. Did the place have lots of out door kid stuff to play Debra T's?

juteck

Black licorice -- last had it ~12 yrs ago on my daughter's second birthday, which was the first since I had been a kid. Tiger tail is a close second, but just plain ol' black licorice was the best!

Also good for kids -- and you thought chocolate was messy!!

Parson

Day in and day out has to be Blue Bell Ice Cream of any flavor. When I lived in Texas we could get peppermint around Christmas time. But really, just plain old vanilla. It's peach season here in the southeast so we make up some churns of homemade peach that is really out of this world.

You beat me to it. Blue Bell Ice Cream from the little creamery in Brenham Texas... where the cows think it's heaven!

There really is on no better ice cream than this. Now I must go get a bowl. Thanks a lot for screwing over my diet with the inclusion of this thread!

sgimbel

Any, any flavor from Oberweiss dairy, a local dairy, in North Aurora, Il. Lived about a mile from the dairy and that's the only thing I miss from Illinois.

Kaspar

Mint Chocolate Chip. Doesn't have to be green. I can eat a Breyer's half gallon in 20 minutes, and it's white.

Way back when I was in high school, I worked at a Baskin Robbins. We moved a lot of Pralines and Cream, and their French Vanilla was the real deal, made with eggs. We charged extra for it too.

The worst seller we had was called (get this) Mandarin Chocolate Sherbet. Tasted okay, but it looked like road tar. Had the same texture and consistency too. We couldn't pay people to try it. Until one day, this one one guy discovered it, and whenever we got it in - which wasn't often, he would come in and buy all that we had.

(Aside: Toni? I used to decorate the cakes there sometimes. I got in trouble for making one that had the same colors as your new basket weave pen. :biggrin:)

Last edited:

Toni

Mint Chocolate Chip. Doesn't have to be green. I can eat a Breyer's half gallon in 20 minutes, and it's white.

(Aside: Toni? I used to decorate the cakes there sometimes. I got in trouble for making one that had the same colors as your new basket weave pen. :biggrin:)

I like it Green, its like having the choice of yellow or white cheddar cheese!!! I have to eat white cheddar cheese in New Zealand and I like yellow.

"ITS A LIFE CHOICE":RockOn:

AND what is wrong with the colors on that basket weave pen? I am sure that cake was a hot seller!!!

Now for the serious Ice Cream Lover I suggest the best place in the US!!

Springers in Stone Harbor, New Jersey!!! The line is out the door, the wait can be 45 minutes and its worth it!! AND if Butch was AROUND he would back me up!!

Last edited:

Toni

Jim~Up until we moved to New Zealand my kids and I would spend 2 weeks in Avalon every summer for 10 years?? Now isnt that the best Ice-cream?? SAY YES!! LOL

Braums Peppermint - It started a Christmas time selection ( I think) and then became a permanent selection. It has generous chunks of peppermint candy cane and a creamy ice cream base. I get some every time, I'm back in the Oklahoma area.

jimm1

Jim~Up until we moved to New Zealand my kids and I would spend 2 weeks in Avalon every summer for 10 years?? Now isnt that the best Ice-cream?? SAY YES!! LOL

I remember it being the best chocolate ever. I also remember Aunt Marie making me do all the chores, bribing me with that place.

Now, being in the South, many people make their own (not me). I like my neighbors choco/cheesecake with various candy chips.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Paladin

The best ice cream is not ice cream...

It is fresh "frozen custard" in Milwaukee. Gilley's, Kopps, Oscars, Leons...now that is what summer (and winter) is all about.

My favorite is "chocolate peanut butter chocolate" or Macadamia nut at Kopps.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Pleasant Valley

Hummm....I used to live near that town. Did the place have lots of out door kid stuff to play Debra T's?

I don't kno. I lived in Pleasant Valley from 1963 to 1967 and visited pretty regular until about 1985 or so but haven't been there at all in the past 15 years. I know the place was still there in the 80's but I just don't remember about kid stuff because by then my kids were all in their teens.

David Keller

Wanna try something interesting? Make yourself a nice bowl of frosted flakes(with milk) and then put a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream into the bowl with the cereal. I did it tonight, and it was delicious.

jskeen

It is fresh "frozen custard" in Milwaukee. Gilley's, Kopps, Oscars, Leons...now that is what summer (and winter) is all about.

My favorite is "chocolate peanut butter chocolate" or Macadamia nut as Kopps.

I'll agree with you on the frozen custard vs ice cream, but the BEST one is the Kopps in Waukesha on Bluemound road. It's right next to Brennan's Farmers market. In the summer when they get the first shipment of fresh organic tree ripened peaches air shipped in from Atlanta, you can go to Brennan's and get two peaches, and walk across the parking lot to Kopp's, and they will take them, peel them for you and mix it in with a couple of scoops of vanilla frozen custard. Best of both worlds, and one of the few things I've ever found they do better north of the Mason Dixon line. Almost made having to go up there for training worthwhile.

ROOKIETURNER

Sorry, but there has to be a standard. The standard is Blue Bell. If you have never had it, then you really have nothing to compare to. IMHO

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla with Hershey's Chocolate surup (not a lot).

Second would be my Dad's hand cranked homemade vanilla on the Fourth of July.

Top Bottom