Mini Review - Wood'N Whimsies Casting Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

Bought a quart of Wood'N Whimsies Kast-a-Blank clear casting resin. At $ 15.25 (including hardener), it was about 40% less than I've seen Clear Cast for.

Poured 5 pens with it the other day. Three snakeskin and a couple of graphite sleeving. Came out well. It set up well, turned well and the clarity was excellent.

I see no reason to stop using it.

-gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NittanyLion

This is where I buy my resin. I buy the refill kits only. Total is about $30 shipped for 2lbs and $60 shipped for 5 lb. I have not seen a better price and their service is always great!

turncrazy43

I have bought the casting refills from WW and find the results I get are as good or better than others I have tried. The price is better than others including the cost of shipment.

vtgaryw

They charge a $ 6.10 surcharge for a quart of resin. Not sure what it would be for more. Their standard shipping charge for a small flat rate box is $ 5.50, so if you have other stuff to order, the resin comes out to $ 21.35 delivered.

I like dealing with them, they're quick and responsive, and they'll refund shipping charges if it comes out less than their site charged you.

Gary

Bill Arnold

I decided in June of this year to try casting. After checking around, I placed an order with WW for a gallon of resin and some PearlEx dyes. I've been very pleased with the products from them and their customer service is excellent.

I've done several pen blanks as well as some stopper blanks.

Top Bottom