Mini Review www.penturnersproducts.com A great company!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike D

The other day I was looking for a supplier for a Dead Center for turning pen blanks between centers. WWW.penturnersproducts.com was recommended so I ordered the dead center and as a bonus they had a 3" SS tool rest for my Jet 1014 lathe so I ordered it as well. I ordered them on the 2nd of May and I recieved the tools on the 4th. Thats fast service and the tools are of the highest quality of any tools I've seen in a long time. As a bonus John Goodin included a PVC pen blank in the box. For those that heven't heard of the use of a dead center for pen turning it is basicly the use of bushings and the pen blank captured between 60 degree live center in the tail stock and a 60 degree dead center in the head stock. You don't use a pen mandril. As long as your run out on your head & tail stock and bushings are minimul and your centers are concentric you will have a concetric barrel when your done turning. My hats off to John Goodin and Penturners Products for great products and customer service. For new and experienced pen turners don't waste money on a pen mandrill and practicly elliminate out of round pen barrels. Also check out the videos on their website. I will be telling all my friends about these tools and company!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

You're not kidding!

John has always had great service and extremely fast turn around. Even if I could find his line of products elsewhere, I would still buy them from him. You are always guaranteed that that they are made with the tightest of specs.

John, if you're listening: looks like you've got another life-long customer!! Keep up the good work, my friend! :bananen_smilies046:

Rob73

Got my products from John a couple weeks ago. Quality is outstanding. I'll never go back to turning on mandrel. My only regret is I didn't buy a set when I first read about them on the forum. Would of saved me a lot of headaches.

arw01

He said he was doing pretty well when I asked how that moving vehicle encounter went. Some stiffness now and then, but pretty much back to normal.

Alan

jlord

John gives some of the best service around. Very good to deal with. Products are always top quality. Thanks John!!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Something that most people don't know is that John was one of the first people to go to mandrel-less or Turning Between Centers (TBC) way back in 2006 or maybe before, IIRC.

John is a super guy!

johnnycnc

Mike I appreciate the good report, Thank You!

Thanks to all who have posted here, I guess I'm doing a decent job..Thank You!
Customer service is not my forte, as a career machinist, but I try to
treat all my friends as I like to be done, and it seems to work out very well.
Good customer service is getting harder to find, and I want to be the exception.

Many don't know it, but I work a full time job that actually pays the bills
and Penturners Products is very much a hobby business, so it might take a
a little while sometimes to get a reply, but I do my best to answer every email!
And I know when I order things..I want them now. So I try to turn orders around asap.

Kaspar; I'm not doing too bad. not super, but ok. Thanks, my friend.

You all have a good evening :)

SloLouie

I hope its OK to jump on this thread to give my 2¢ worth. I've haven't had much to say before, until today.
I placed my order today with Penturners Products via email @ 1PM PST and received a conformation email from John an hour later thanking me for my order and letting me that it shipped as well! Talk about fast! If the quality of his products are even close to his service, I'm sure I'll be a very satisfied customer. I'm looking forward to turning between the centers and ditching my mandrels.

Cheers,

Rob

Lenny

There was a guy in Maine that had a store down near Bar Harbor ... Trader Joe's or something like that .... He had an ad on tv where at the end he would say "C'mon down, We'll treat you like family ..... Maybe BETTER!" :biggrin:

Well, .... John treats people BETTER! Class Act all the way! :)

wizard

John Goodin is awesome when it comes to both products and service! I give him my highest recommendation. Moreover, he is a true gentleman!

John, Glad to hear you are doing a little better and I hope you continue to get better.

Regards,
Doc

OKLAHOMAN

I've had John do a few "special" machinist jobs for me and I'll vouch for his workmanship and his efficiency, both 1st. class.

Last edited:

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Normally I don't get onto the 'me too' bandwagon...

...but I have to say that all my dealings with John has been _more_ than efficient, fast, and of the highest quality both in craftsmanship and service..

Whaler

Dealing with John is a real pleasure and the quality of his products is exceptional. A couple times I have asked John for bushings for new kits that he was not producing, no problem, he produced them for me.

johnnycnc

Thanks everyone, I feel honored to have friends like you all.
I do try to treat everyone like a good friend or (liked) family member!:)
...wouldn't have it any other way.

LizardSpit

Just recieved a set of bushings from John. Very happy with the quality and with the service!!! Especially the service!

Top Bottom