Thinking About a CO2 Laser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vfauto

Thinking About a CO2 Laser, any one out there using a Chinese laser,if so what brand and how do you like it. Also any other input would be great.

Thanks Frank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vfauto

Uses

What do you use it for? How long have you had it?
I have a 100 watt, CO2 laser from a company called Boss Laser. I really like it. It was reasonably priced considering what other laser manufactures cost.

Steve Busey

I found a used (5 yr old) Epilog a couple years ago. Had to replace the laser tube. Am far more comfortable with a name brand (Epilog, Trotec...) where I can call a phone number and get prompt, simple service. Yes, it comes at a bit of a premium, but I've read a lot of horror stories about servicing of Chinese machines.

As for what to do with it, hopefully you have a need BEFORE you buy one! :) I use mine mostly in a hobbyist capacity, and have found a couple niche products to keep me just busy enough. I also connected with a local woodturner, and customize some products that he turns out (award platters, bottle stoppers; even collaborated on the A.N.G.E.L. award for the King Center in Atlanta).

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I have a 2011 Epilog and have run side by side comparisons with a friend who has a chinese laser. The epilog raster quality was much better and the vector cutting was much more accurate. This may be due to Epilog being a much better laser or it could have been the operators, but he sends anything that needs detail to me to run. Also, Epilog support is top notch, I had a minor mirror issue, called epilog support and was talked through the problem and was back up and running within the hour. My buddy had an issue and it took days just to find the problem. The chinese lasers have come a long way but as they keep improving so do the western made brands. Bottom line, if I was to buy another laser, it would be an Epilog laser again.

Real

I have to agree with Neil (Wolftat). I have a 2008 Epilog. Only had one very minor problem and it was very quickly taken care of. You get what you pay for. Some people have good luck with the chinese machines, but as previously said, a lot of people struggle with them.

Come see me if you want to see one run. we are in the same town.

Real

Top Bottom