How polluted is your work place...?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Most people know that I do like "gadgets" and every so often I buy something new that I may have wanted it in the past but too expensive to buy or not existent at that time as far as I was aware.

Since China and other Asian countries have started making replicas of everything, particularly of instruments, tools etc., that brand names that were offering at high costs, that as opened a big door to people like myself that like gadgets, but most I could never afford from those brand names but now, are readily and economically available to anyone that wants them.

This is the case of a particular instrument that I've saw before in the hands of engineers and technical testing people of various natures and that I found recently on eBay for sale.

I'm taking about an affordable Air Quality multimeter, this does a lot more than that, such as temp, humidity and others functions 2 of them are the very reason I purchased the instrument to test it in my workshop when using some products and in the everyday work such as working with wood.

OK so, we can use all sorts of masks some are the wrong mask for the occasion or masks that will offer no protection whatsoever when using certain products.

I'm talking about the BSIDE EET100 LCD Air Quality Multimeter Dust VOC Temperature Humidity Meter I6 that I found on my Aussie eBay site and that, is provided/sold by someone in Australia (so they say, it took long enough to have come from Asia, about 10 days).

I have been testing it and while is not possible for me to know/compare with the very expensive brand models for the same type of testing accuracy, I can tell you that it does what it claims to do.

The dust in the air testing (Dust/PM2.5:) works very fast and you get pretty much immediate results that you compare to a scale they provide, while the VOC test "air quality", does require the pre-heating of an internal sensor for 5 minutes before the instrument can make an accurate measurement of the air quality.

As the manufacturer clear indicates the scales for both tests are not "officially certified" they are a fairly fair given accuracy numbers for guidance...!

Now, does it worth the money? for me it does and I'm sure will be many other folks out there that would like to have some sort of idea of what the levels of their air dust and quality would be, more in some occasions and when working using certain materials, such as CA excessive fumes which we all know are very bad news but, how does it compare to what their provided scales/numbers gives us...!

Surely, not everybody needs one or thinks that need one but that is not the point, the point is that, those like myself have an interest in these sort of things and that weren't aware of this gadget, now you do and pretty sure you will be able to get one in your own country, from what I checked, I can not see any mark of the place they were made but, from the manual that comes with it, is either China or Japan...!

Comes with a very nice case...!:biggrin:

Hope this can be usefull to some of you...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Armed with this knowledge what is your next move??? Will we be seeing another shop full of tools go up for sale?????::eek:biggrin:

Have you taken it outdoors and checked the air outside day to day and record those readings such as on cloudy days, foggy days. sunny days. They talk about air quality a lot on weather stations.

PenPal

Hi George never know what stray smells and sounds happen in the Adelaide Hills.

What conclusions have determined the next move, is there a Gotcha symbol on the machine? I have one of the Infra red Digital Temperature devices that was a great help for me, we installed a fan unit under the eaves in the roof space that brings our house up to 16 degrees Celcius,circulated to seven ceiling vents in the house,runs for next to nothing. With the unit I was able to determine the optimum placement of this.That firm had a Chinese student who kept stock in Canberra and I was able to pick it up myself,(very handy).Same firm had a handheld Tachometer, I fitted my own Single to three phase speed controllers, allowed me to read actual speeds.

Peter.

Last edited:

robutacion

Armed with this knowledge what is your next move??? Will we be seeing another shop full of tools go up for sale?????::eek:biggrin:

Have you taken it outdoors and checked the air outside day to day and record those readings such as on cloudy days, foggy days. sunny days. They talk about air quality a lot on weather stations.

That ain't going to happen my friend, I just find it interesting to have something that can give me an indication of what I'm breathing when I feel something isn't right and or, when some smells stick around from unknown sources and even for know sources, farts are excluded, regardless of weather conditions...!:eek::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi George never know what stray smells and sounds happen in the Adelaide Hills.

What conclusions have determined the next move, is there a Gotcha symbol on the machine? I have one of the Infra red Digital Temperature devices that was a great help for me, we installed a fan unit under the eaves in the roof space that brings our house up to 16 degrees Celcius,circulated to seven ceiling vents in the house,runs for next to nothing. With the unit I was able to determine the optimum placement of this.That firm had a Chinese student who kept stock in Canberra and I was able to pick it up myself,(very handy).Same firm had a handheld Tachometer, I fitted my own Single to three phase speed controllers, allowed me to read actual speeds.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Well, it seems that you also don't mind a few gadgets, they all have their uses, sometimes we use them often other times not so much but that is also OK.

Hahahah, the machine doesn't have a "gotcha" symbol it reads a numerical scale that you can compare to what they give you as low, medium and high levels, the rest is all up to the person using the instrument.

Stray smells around this area, are not as unusual as I mention in my previous post, one in particularly bothers Merissa every year and that is the smell of an olive oil mill that processes tonnes of olives every year, this place is miles away but the wind carry it this far and it stinks, according to Merissa, I'm more familiar with that smell because I lived the first 30 years in my life in Portugal and there are olive oil mill, many very antique that I visited many times to buy so olive oil for myself. It will be interesting to get a reading of the air when the mill opens again this year, what will be instrument read?, that I will find out...!

Cheers
George

JPW062

I have belonged to a number of specialty forums where some items were available for rent or borrow. Mostly firearm items.

For instance on one there was a jig to modify a 10/22 receiver. I put my name on the list, waited a few months and it showed up at my door. Usedit. Checked the thread with the list in it, and sent it on its way to the next member. All for the cost of shipping to the next person.

Seems like there could be a possibility of doing something like that here with a few interesting tools.

Top Bottom