Dustroyer review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Farr

Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made one of those years ago for my saw. I used Velcrow rather than magnets. I should have got a patent.:mad:

Russianwolf

Yeah, I've know about sealing up the saw for quite a while. and since that thing is saw specific and likely available only for the more popular ones, I'll keep doing it myself.

rjwolfe3

Well he emailed me back and said I could have one for free if I could draw a toleranced print of my saw. Anyone got one those for a Craftsman 113.x series?

Fred

I, like livertrans (Tony) above, sealed up our Craftsman tablesaw with cardboard panels about 35 years or so ago.

It was my job to clean the shop and danged if I didn't get sick and tired of sawdust all over everything. That "improvement" worked great. Adding a shopvac to the bottom a bit later on also helped. We, my dad and I, were building houses at the time so there was tons of sawdust made every week.

Then even later on I sealed ALL openings around the underneath edges of the table with foam spray insulation (this stuff was not on the market earlier)... that made a vast difference all around. The tilt adjustment handle slot was 'fixed' with duct tape - really amazing stuff that duct tape!

My job suddenly was being done for me - as long as my dad remembered to turn on the vacuum cleaner when using the saw. That tablesaw is now retired to a nice clean, somewhat dust free basement and everything is still sealed up rather tight. :biggrin:

tim self

I just got an older 113. about a month ago. Gonna take some pics and measurments as soon as the shop is rearranged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom