Sierra Click Pen/Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have used the Woodcraft Wall Street II click pens and pencils that are very similar (the same?) to the Sierra's and found that the mechanisms rattle a bit in the tubes when assembled. There may be a solution to that issue but I couldn't figure it out.
Chris

gwilki

I haven't done any of the pencils, but I've done quite a few of the pens. The mechanism seems to hold up well, and it's an easy kit to assemble. The biggest issue seems to be with the spacer that you need to use if you want to use a Parker style refill. Customers lose them the first time they take the pen apart. One solution is to shorten the tube to 1.88". You can then use a Parker refill without the spacer.
Unshortened,this kit can use the G2 roller ball refill. If you shorten it, you lose this option.

magpens

Older Style Sierra Click Pen

I have fallen heir to a lot of kits with many older style Sierra click pens .... the ones that require the half-inch spacer. I see that there was a thread several years back about them, in particular this item by gwilki.

I haven't done any of the pencils, but I've done quite a few of the pens. The mechanism seems to hold up well, and it's an easy kit to assemble. The biggest issue seems to be with the spacer that you need to use if you want to use a Parker style refill. Customers lose them the first time they take the pen apart. One solution is to shorten the tube to 1.88". You can then use a Parker refill without the spacer.
Unshortened,this kit can use the G2 roller ball refill. If you shorten it, you lose this option.

I am wondering if gwilki or anyone else can be more specific about fitting refills longer than the Parker ballpoint style to these older Sierra click pens and make them work. I tried using a Schneider rollerball and a Schmidt rollerball. While they are almost the same length as the Parker plus spacer, they don't seem to fit the Sierra click kits that I have.

Can anyone clarify or comment please. Thanks

BSea

I have fallen heir to a lot of kits with many older style Sierra click pens .... the ones that require the half-inch spacer. I see that there was a thread several years back about them, in particular this item by gwilki.

I am wondering if gwilki or anyone else can be more specific about fitting refills longer than the Parker ballpoint style to these older Sierra click pens and make them work. I tried using a Schneider rollerball and a Schmidt rollerball. While they are almost the same length as the Parker plus spacer, they don't seem to fit the Sierra click kits that I have.

Can anyone clarify or comment please. Thanks
You can trim the spacer using a disc sander or grinder to what ever length you need. You can also just make a new one out of wood or other material. I know PVC works well.

When you trim the spacer, check often for the proper length. I've cut down the old style Sierras so the match the length of a standard non-click Sierra. I didn't like the size of the shortened Sierra that didn't use the spacer.

I hope that helps.

magpens

Older Style Sierra Click Pen .... 2nd attempt for help

Thanks for replying, Bob .... but .... ummmmm .... I hesitantly suggest that perhaps you missed the point :biggrin:

I have these old kits for the Sierra click which require a spacer to be used with the Parker refill (refill is 98 mm long and the spacer is about half inch). I want to know if I can buy a refill which is 98 mm + half inch = about 112 mm long (ballpoint or rollerball) so that I can forget about using the spacers.
Of course, the diameter and profile has to match the Parker so that the replacement refill fits inside the pen and works with the existing spring and pushbutton.

If anyone knows of such a refill I would be grateful to hear about it, please (manufacturer and model number).

BSea

Thanks for replying, Bob .... but .... ummmmm .... I hesitantly suggest that perhaps you missed the point :biggrin:
Well that's a 1st. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . For today.:redface:

I have these old kits for the Sierra click which require a spacer to be used with the Parker refill (refill is 98 mm long and the spacer is about half inch). I want to know if I can buy a refill which is 98 mm + half inch = about 112 mm long (ballpoint or rollerball) so that I can forget about using the spacers.
Of course, the diameter and profile has to match the Parker so that the replacement refill fits inside the pen and works with the existing spring and pushbutton.

If anyone knows of such a refill I would be grateful to hear about it, please (manufacturer and model number).
Back to your original Question. I have no idea. :wink:

vakmere

Are these still being made with the spacers or have they done away with them in favor of a 'Parker Only' refill.

KenV

The old clicks were designed for a uniball or a g2 ball point refill and worked well with them.

That style has not been available other than as "new old stock" for a few years.

I sent a lot out the door with either uniball or g2 refills. Figured that with the longer refills there were fewer things to go wrong. There are a lot of g2 fans out there.

vakmere

The old clicks were designed for a uniball or a g2 ball point refill and worked well with them.

That style has not been available other than as "new old stock" for a few years.

I sent a lot out the door with either uniball or g2 refills. Figured that with the longer refills there were fewer things to go wrong. There are a lot of g2 fans out there.

I believe you are correct, I talked to Ernie at BTW and they are not made that way anymore even though the instructions include the mention of the spacer. Old instructions will need updating.

Top Bottom