Mini Review Rizheng

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenmar13

Does any one have any comments on Rizheng Pen kits. Are there any reviews on this .
Using this forum for the first time and not sure how to search for a certain item.
Glen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hit or miss depending on the kit... Some kit sizes are different than the "usual" standard so you'll want to get their bushings. I've received some bushings that were out of round (but I've had some from other suppliers that were as well). The Zen kits are not bad in general but I avoid the gold plating. ALL the chinese made Zen kits have weak magnets with the gold plating. Chrome/Gunmetal seem OK. Slim lines are about the same quality I see everywhere else. Gentleman pens are pretty cheaply plated but are OK if you want to add a budget priced capped pen. The Sierra styled ones don't see much worse than any of the other ones I've seen out there.

Shipping is pretty quick, at least to the US. As long as you buy in enough bulk, there is certainly a savings. Quite a few of the pen supply places are selling chinese kits that are equivalent so unless you're getting the Dayacom stuff the quality isn't going to be much of a variance.

raar25

I received a shipment of key chain kits that had very thick plating which I had to remove to do assembly. A previous shipment did not exhibit this problem. Also if you select low cost shipping you will be waiting for a while. My last shipment took 5 months and once it leaves Rizheng there is no tracking. I agree if I need to buy 50+ basic kits I would buy there again but otherwise the shipping drives the cost too high.

magpens

My advice is to stick with kits made in Taiwan. . Stick with kit vendors you trust. . Ask them where their kits are made. . If they won't tell you, assume they are made in China.

Curly

Glen are you are asking about Rizheng kits sold by other vendors or buying direct from them? Few of us do that, usually because of quantities and the fear of the unknown (direct from China) and the length of time between ordering and receiving the kits. Many of the vendors sell their kits but don't disclose it on their sites. So you don't know if the kit you like came from them or another Chinese company. Like many Chinese companies if the buyers demand the lowest price the product reflects it. When a buyer asks and pays for better quality the factory will make them and the same factory may provide both.

glenmar13

Glen are you are asking about Rizheng kits sold by other vendors or buying direct from them? Few of us do that, usually because of quantities and the fear of the unknown (direct from China) and the length of time between ordering and receiving the kits. Many of the vendors sell their kits but don't disclose it on their sites. So you don't know if the kit you like came from them or another Chinese company. Like many Chinese companies if the buyers demand the lowest price the product reflects it. When a buyer asks and pays for better quality the factory will make them and the same factory may provide both.
Thanks for your comments. I get them from a vendor in England and have had no trouble at all in 3 years. Some individuals on another pen site don't have a good word for Rizheng which is a pity.
Glen

sbell111

I realize that this is an older thread, but I don't understand the nit about shipping time. Generally, it takes about five days from payment to the kits arriving at our shop in Tennessee.

Top Bottom