Regency pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

biednick

Hello,
You may have seen my cheer of woodchuckers before, well this is a reveiw of the kits I got. I stared with the roller ball version, though the ballpoint looks identical.
first, the good:
This kit shows off a lot of wood and dosnt have any "bling" to it really. The cb has a nice pattern on it. Although the instuctions are pretty useless, its not too bad to assemble. Over all it looks great.
Now the bad (keep in mind i nitpick a lot)
First the instructions. This kit has more parts than most, so it took some time to figure out the assembaly. Also, some people might have trouble with the finals depending on skill level. No bushings are avalable, though I had a friend offer to make me a set. Buy some aluminum and turn your own, or steel if you have a metal lathe. This kit only comes in 24k gold. The cb has sharp edges, not nice rounded ones like some kits. You will likely need 2 blamks, unless you can buy them in the 8-10 inch range.
Bottom line, I like the kit. It took some time and a little more effort, but it looks great. I used pink ivory, and I'm sure it will look great in a nice burl or spalted wood.

Top Bottom