Mini Review PSI Shock Absorber Review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Okay I am going to try to do a mini review this is my first one so please don't rip me a new one! :biggrin:

I will start off with the pro's:

It was very easy to assemble. You slide the ink into the one part and screw on the small nib. The cap has different sizes so it is easy to figure out which end goes where.

Great way to get rid of scrap. You only need an inch and a half piece of a blank. I simply went through and grabbed 3 in "the bin" that were long enough.

They do look cool. From the one's I made people like looking at them because they are different. The gear heads really like them. They are pretty small and compact.

Shock does actually move. I think that was wild you can actually move the shock some from one end, and it springs back.

Now for the Con's:

Limited Market for them. There is a smaller market for these style of pens, than just about any other type I have made.

Uncomfortable. The spring gets uncomfortable writting with them because it is not a solid surface to hold, and cuts into your hands.

Lot of threads. To screw the cap on and off it seems like there is a lot of threading. It seems they unscrew some on their own also.

Final thought:

I honestly do not like these pens as a personal pen. However I would say get some to put in your stock. I got the starter kit which was 36 bucks from Penn State (currently only place that sells them I believe). Single kits are 11 to 12 bucks. It uses a 27/64 drill bit. The starter kit did not come with a brad point, but had the bushings. They offer 3 types of plating, Gold, Chrome, and Gun Metal.

I imagine someone might have a table at a car show and do real well with these, or bomb on them.

toolcrazy

I had a set of these on my table at my last show. They drew a LOT of looks and comments. I did sell some. I tell you one thing, even if you don't sell any, they will bring lookers to your table. So, they are worth the price for that.

PJVitkus

Summary: loose, uncomfortable, bling pen that I've had one mechanic ask me, "What is that supposed to be?"

I made three. Bleh. Inordinate metal detracts from the wood. Two out of the three I made, once assembled, would not screw together tightly.

Got three kits just because my mechanic son-in-law I thought would like it. Gave the other two away as fast as possible.

Phil

Karl_99

I made one shock absorber pen and did put it in my display at shows. It usually brought kids over to check it out, but no one bought it. The people who checked it out did not seem to buy any other pens either. I finally decided it was a distraction and pulled it from the display.

I have one for sale...cheap!

Top Bottom