Opinions on this Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hiharry626

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

It looks like a normal cigar kit. I haven't used this particular kit from this supplier so I can't comment of this specific kit.

However, the name of the e-bay store looks like it may be the same as Timberbit (David Lim) http://timberbits.com/pen-kits/index.php from Australia. He use to have a second website called www.A1PenKits.com but I see that address is now linked to the Timberbit website. I have made a small order from David for some gold titanium streamline kits (made in China) that I had wanted to check out. Execellent service... I had e-mailed him to ask a couple of questions and he actually called in person (Australia to Canada) and provided some excellent information about his products.

Wade

soligen

Hard to tell from the pic, but they look like lower end versions of a cigar kit. Look at the edge of the clip. See how the edge does not look smooth and polished? I've seen this before on low end cigar kits.

I once bought some kits with the poor clip edge, and the transmissions were poor quality too, and the supplier had to upgrade them. As I said, hard to tell for sure, but I have learned if the price seems really good, then I want to buy just one to validate its quality before I invest in multiple kits, unless the seller specifically states who the manufacturer/original supplier was to I can validate the quality that way.

soligen

I did not mean to imply that all cigar kits are low end, just that some cigar kits are lower end than others, even though it may be very hard to tell the difference in a picture.

bbarter

im pretty sure that theyre made by daycom. just make sure you buy ones from taiwan not china................china make some really crappy kits

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not likely

im pretty sure that theyre made by daycom. just make sure you buy ones from taiwan not china................china make some really crappy kits

It's not likely that at the price he is asking that they are Dayacom. The seller has said he gets kits both from Tiawan (not necessarily dayacom in all cases - he's mentioned that he has several sources) and from China, my guess is that the one pictured is China.

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
my opinion

Bought a few of these before, not good quality. The clip is pretty flimsy, notice how in the pic the end of the clip sits flatter against the pen. Plus as was stated by another member the edge of the clip is kind of rough. The better quality cigar pens the end of the clip lifts up away from the pen. When assembled the twist motion has a grinding feeling, and the transmission slips inside the upper portion at times.
They are similar in quality to the apprentice cigar pens.

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
What is your opinion on this kit? Does anybody have any experience with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-x-Cigar-Gold-...&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=6231106673462997623

I might purchase some
if anybody knows where to get some cheap cigar kits or slims please let me know! :biggrin:
I just saw Smittys Cigar Offer, wow that deal blows this one out of the park

I bought a bunch of the chinese before, no real problems with them.

Why buy from ebay for $3.39 when you can buy direct for $2.18? Shipping is more, but works out well on an order about $100. Usually China to Canada takes about a week or so.

Top Bottom