Full Review Jr George from dayacom/signature pen supply

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

I wanted to do a product review for this kit as opposed to the Jr Aaron here. since there is a few differences in them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Jr Aaron is manufactured by Dayacom and is sold in the US by Jon David Jones Signature Pen Supply. I have several kits that came in last week and put one with another dealer for presentation.

Here we have a Gent Jr dressed up in antique brass plating. Right down to the center band.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The nib on this one is a #5.5 size nib, the Aaron and the Antony is a #6 nib.

If you recall from the previous post the difference in the nib sizes.

#5 nibs: length: 2.5cm /shoulder width: 7mm /base width: 5mm /fits a 5mm feed

#5.5 nibs: length: 2.6cm /shoulder width: 7mm /base width: 5mm /fits a 5mm feed

#35 nibs (also known as #6): length: 3.5cm /shoulder width: 9mm /base width: 6.3mm /fits a 6.3mm feed

#5 and #5.5 both fit into the same housing, same feed, only difference is the #5.5 nib is longer

attachment.php

The tube size and screw threads is the same Gent Jr size.
attachment.php

Worth noting the antique look is selectively shadow highlighted in key areas. I do not know at this point what process is used for this plating however.

Also worth noting ;)
This photo speaks volumes as for how pen kits can change over time.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpg
    IMG_5334.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,701
  • IMG_5340.jpg
    IMG_5340.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,670
  • IMG_5339.jpg
    IMG_5339.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,771
  • IMG_5328.jpg
    IMG_5328.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_5329.jpg
    IMG_5329.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,612
  • IMG_5383.jpg
    IMG_5383.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,563
  • IMG_5386.jpg
    IMG_5386.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,770
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

Looks nice, the antique brass is a nice touch but without holding one, it depends on how it feels to write with. Front end looks thin. Also how is the fit on the tubes?

Dan Masshardt

Looks nice, the antique brass is a nice touch but without holding one, it depends on how it feels to write with. Front end looks thin. Also how is the fit on the tubes?

I believe he said it's the same size as a jr gent. If you've written with one of them you've probably written with this. ?

KenV

And it looks like an Acme style square thread -- or perhaps an older British thread.

Thanks for the comparison photo -- helps make the comparison.

edstreet

And it looks like an Acme style square thread -- or perhaps an older British thread.

Thanks for the comparison photo -- helps make the comparison.

It is neither acme or witworth. It is 18 TPI double lead cap thread size. ( x1.5 for those in the metric world)

vakmere

Jr. George

I made two and like it. The brass looks nice and with hope antique pewter will be offered. After reading Ed Streets review and discussion with Jon David Jones my inadvertant discovery of the lower tube being 2.2mm longer than the Jr. Gent now makes sense. A quote from Ed's review:

"The spring is useful in many regards and in the classic Gent Jr kits had to be removed when converting to a fountain pen as the spring would catch on the converter and cause an ink dump of approximately half the ink by simply screwing the tips in place. The new design pushes the spring back to not interfere with the cartridge. "

The discovery came before I read this. There's always sombody here putting out information that is either useful, well researched, or eduactional. Just have to find it.

Attachments

• DSC04637[1].jpg
    DSC04637[1].jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:

freelynd

Picture Use

Hello edstreet - I am new to IAP. I was wondering if I might ask permission to use one of your photos from your post for a stock photo on my site. Thank you for your time.

Michael

Top Bottom