Jr. Gents vs Jr. Gents II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Focushere

Can anyone tell me if the Jr. Gent II is worth twice what the older Jr. Gents cost. I do like the look better, but is it worth the price difference as far as quality of plating and components?

Chasper

Yes it is worth the price difference. Quality it far higher. However, if you are just making a few pens to give away or use yourself, the original junior isn't so bad, I'm carrying one at a personal user right now. I sell the II for well over $100, I tried to sell some of the originals for $75 and under and didn't get any takers. Eventually I decided that I was not going to sell the original at any price, too much risk that customers would not be happy with it for long.

aggromere

For a little different twist on the jr gent, take a look at the Jr. Gent Ballpoint twist pen offered by exotic blanks. I was in love with the jr gent II for a while and have moved my affair to the jr gent ball point. For an everyday upscale pen they can't be beat. I routinely sell them for $95.00 and have begun making more elaborate versions and selling for $125.00 to $150.00. I only use the rhodium plated kits.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Depends

Can anyone tell me if the Jr. Gent II is worth twice what the older Jr. Gents cost. I do like the look better, but is it worth the price difference as far as quality of plating and components?

I put on 2 sales of Jr Gent I kits here at IAP recently and have sold about
700 in Chrome and about 1200 in Gold TN. I can count the complaints on one hand from both sales and they were all for part(s) missing for a kit. No complaints received with respect to quality of the kits. So whether the IIs are worth double depends largely on your taste and what you want to use them for.

Top Bottom