Next meeting(s)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JasonM

Is there a list of meeting dates/topics anywhere, or is it more ad hoc? I've never attended one, but based on the listings here, I'm not sure how many meetings have actually happened recently.

I'm particularly interested in gathering some info and seeing some classes/demos in casting my own blanks. There was a bit of chatter on the topic before, but I wasn't ever able to follow up on where things landed from it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Hi Jason, James had been our organizer, but health issues have side-lined him for the time being. I am optimistic that he will return when he can. The SWAT Southwest Association of Turners event is going on in Waco this weekend. I guess everyone has been pretty busy. I am not a caster, but we have a few in the group that might be willing to step up to a demo. Tom Barron is very good, but he has been busy getting his new website up and running. Kenny Durrant does snakes, Sometimes Don Ward and Seamus will drive down for a meeting. I am sure there are others who can demo casting as well. I am interested. If this post draws more responses, I can set up a meeting at Wood World.

Harry

seamus7227

I would love to have a meeting and discuss casting. Jason, if you just feel like getting away on a Saturday, give me a holler, you and anyone else interested are more than welcome to come up to Wichita Falls and visit.

JasonM

Thanks for the offer! Though I do agree with your suggestion about some cooler months ahead. I'm down in Waxahachie, so it'll be a bit of a jaunt, but we can probably figure something out!

Kenny Durrant

Hi there everyone. It all sounds good to me. I enjoy the meetings because you always pickup some useful information. Thanks for the complement Harry but I don't think my name should be included with the others that you mentioned. I guess they can tell you what to do and I can tell what not to do. If a road trip to W. F. comes about I would love to go, I would just need enough time to make sure I don't have to work. Thanks Seamus for offering to host a meeting.

Kenny Durrant

I'm game. I would be glad to help any way I can. The problem I have is I can tell you more things not to do than to do. I am in the process of trying the viberation method and not really sure of what I'm doing. I'm always open to hear others comments and ideas. Let me know when and where and I'll be sure to do all I can to make the trip.

lsweeney

North TEXAS meeting

Someone please let me know if and when we have another meeting.... Even if it's in WF , I can help drive , let me know ahead of time so that I can plan around deer hunting this fall thru Jan.

Top Bottom