Next meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Larry did you try to iron a snake skin to shrink it to size? I don't remember, did I tell you it works best when you trim the belly scales off. They don't react the same as the top scales. Good luck. Kenny

lsweeney

snake skin

Kenny, no I havn't tried yet . do you remember what someone said about glueing the skin on with elmers white glue ? I couldn't remember what they said about coating the skin after gluing it to the tube. if you remember please remind me. I think that I should record everything that is said so as to use it when I get home..

Kenny Durrant

I'm the one that uses Elmers glue. The reason I use Elmers is because I can't get the Mod Podge to work. I've tried several times different ways and it always fails. So I use Elmers to glue the skin on the tube. It gives me time to play with it so I can better hide the seam. I also try to use but joints on copper head skins so that I can try to match the pattern on the seam. The skin will swell when the glue is applied so I cut the plastic pen kit bags and wrap that around the skin like a clamp. I let the tube set for 24 hours to dry then coat the skin with ca glue. I put 2 coats of ca and let cure for at least a week before casting. Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom