march meeting - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > North Texas
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 12:56 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 58

info on casting...
Old 03-24-2015, 12:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 74

We won't have time to do any casting plus bringing the needed equipment proves to be a hassel. But, there will be enough knowledgeable members in attendance to answer most of the questions on casting.

We can surely give some pointers and tips on using a skew. I will bring a couple and we can even have some practice time.

Looking forward to the meeting.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sataro View Post
info on casting...
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-24-2015, 08:17 AM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 0

What about something from Seamus7227 about the way, maybe a demo, of how he cuts out the coins and makes those beautiful pens?

How about something on segmenting?

Since a lot of this group (not me necessarily) anything anyone can share with the others to inspire some creativity and/or share some special skills.
Warren501 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_virgil View Post
We won't have time to do any casting plus bringing the needed equipment proves to be a hassel. But, there will be enough knowledgeable members in attendance to answer most of the questions on casting.

We can surely give some pointers and tips on using a skew. I will bring a couple and we can even have some practice time.

Looking forward to the meeting.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sataro View Post
info on casting...
Demo not needed. Information is more than adequate on casting.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #25 (permalink)

I think we will have ample knowledge available to answer most any question about casting. I look forwad to the discussion.

I don't think it is fair to Seamus to ask him to share how he makes the coins thin for his pens. If everyone were making them (like the various styles of casting) then that would be different. He has a process and I'm sure he is wanting to keep it somewhat under his cap. I know I would if in the same boat. I will not be asking him to share about his coins. I can't stop others from doing so. He is a friend and I respect him enough to not ask. If and when he is ready to share I'm sure he will.

Personally I;'m not into segmenting. Maybe somneone attending is and would be willing to some insight and skills next time.

What else do we want to add to the menu. We may have to leave a topic or two for the next meeting.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited by its_virgil; 03-24-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Hey There! This is the big Saturday for the meeting at Wood World. I just received a PM from Don and he asked if I would post a heads up for those that will be coming for the first time. We normally have a blank swap at the end so bring something to throw into the hat so you can participate. There are no requirements just a blank that you think someone might like. The official start time is 10am but he said he will shoot for 9am if you want to get there early to shop around. We have to set up chairs ourselves but they have some there we can use. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there and remember there's no age limits so bring all that's willing to come.
Kenny Durrant is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-26-2015, 01:03 AM   #27 (permalink)

Photos: 12

Hey folks! I'm lookin' to see if a central Okie can join in the shindig! I am not sure if I'll be able to make it but I'd like to if possible!

Michael
Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

Michael...Come on Down!! Of course you are may attend. WoodsWorldTx has a nice selection of pen turning as well as woodturning tools, kits, blanks and otter supplies. I hope you are able to attend.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySplinters View Post
Hey folks! I'm lookin' to see if a central Okie can join in the shindig! I am not sure if I'll be able to make it but I'd like to if possible!

Michael
Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

Photos: 150

ok so i have an update. A good friend of mine is supposed to be coming down to do some snake hunting on his ranch saturday morning and has asked me to assist him. So naturally since i have the gear to do so, that is what i will be doing. Depending on the weather, i may or may not be able to attend the meeting. I've got to be able to keep my snakeskin supply well stocked! I will post an update later
Old 03-28-2015, 01:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

There is hardly ever a penturners meeting, there is hardly ever a Blade Sports cutting competition. Of course, both are scheduled on March 28, so if I get to penturners, I'll be late.
Maybe by the time I get there Seamus will be doing a demo on snake skinning with the "catch of the day".
Dwight
Schoneweis is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads