Let's RESTART the North Texas Chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Ok, I'm kinda bummed about the North Texas IAP Chapter. We have not met in a long time. I have spoken with several of you and seems everyone feels the same.

I'm going to step out there and CALL A MEETING OF THE NORTH TEXAS CHAPTER!

I'm leaning towards Saturday, June 18th (yes 2011).. and towards a place somewhere between Wichita Falls and Forney, and between Sherman and Hillsboro. We can meet at a business or someone' s shop. It's gonna be June in North Texas, so lets find a place with AC. We NEED A VOLUNTEER to host, or secure a meeting place.

I'll volunteer to organize if someone will secure a meeting place.

Ok step up and let's get this show on the road!

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Shoot Mike, at this rate you and I can meet at....well, anywhere we want!

Come on North Texas Folks... ANYBODY OUT THERE??

its_virgil

I replied to the original post along with Youth Minister Dan. Now those posts have disappeared. I wil be in Philidelphia from June 12 until June 17. I could stay over in the metroplex and meet on the 18th unless I have to stay over and fly home on Sat. I will just have to play it by ear, as they say. If the date changes then I am definitely in and will be glad to do a demo, two demos, demo all day, or just attend and keep quiet. I will keep watching to see when the actual date will be and attend if possible and do whatever I can to help out.
Don

Shoot Mike, at this rate you and I can meet at....well, anywhere we want!

Come on North Texas Folks... ANYBODY OUT THERE??

lwalden

I'm glad this looks like it's getting scheduled for the 18th, My wife volunteered our place for the annual gathering of her friends from college the Saturday before (11th) and I've got a list a mile long to get done between now and then. That should have me clear for the 18th, though, so count me in!!

Phunky_2003

I am available and have been trying to work out a permanent location and schedule. Locating a business like wood world, rockler or woodcraft. They really want a set schedule. For instance first Saturday every other month or 3 months. Most have other clubs meeting so maybe at this meeting we can work through some details.

Also does this chapter have board members. Over the last year a few meetings have tried to take place but nothing is made of it. Maybe we need to get some things sorted during the meeting too.

I know in one of the posts it says it was stated it was felt necessary to have a board. After not having a meeting in over a year it is necessary. That was an extremely old post so I don't know.

Phunky_2003

Tom I will help organize if you need assistance. Shoot me a pm. Maybe we can gather up some door prizes or something to get some interest ....

Texatdurango

.......I know in one of the posts it says it was stated it was felt necessary to have a board. After not having a meeting in over a year it is necessary. That was an extremely old post so I don't know.

Not meaning to butt in but I caught this thread and almost said I'd be there until I realized it would be a bit of a drive now!

In the past we drug along with hardly any interest other than the members of the DFW bubbasville then we decided we would stay informal, no president, no sgt at arms, no secretary, none of the trappings normally associated with clubs and you know what.... we started having some really decent "get togethers" NOT meetings, with the average attendance being between 15 and 25, with a few times being more!

Just a thought but you might attract some of the older turners if you don't get to formal, while most of the more colorful turners like me, Rudy and John are gone, most folks are still around, they just need a firm date and a reminder via email or PM since you would be surprized at how many don't read the forum that regularly! I'll bet half the DFW IAP members don't even know about this thread.

Ya'll have fun!

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

.......I know in one of the posts it says it was stated it was felt necessary to have a board. After not having a meeting in over a year it is necessary. That was an extremely old post so I don't know.

Not meaning to butt in but I caught this thread and almost said I'd be there until I realized it would be a bit of a drive now!

In the past we drug along with hardly any interest other than the members of the DFW bubbasville then we decided we would stay informal, no president, no sgt at arms, no secretary, none of the trappings normally associated with clubs and you know what.... we started having some really decent "get togethers" NOT meetings, with the average attendance being between 15 and 25, with a few times being more!

Just a thought but you might attract some of the older turners if you don't get to formal, while most of the more colorful turners like me, Rudy and John are gone, most folks are still around, they just need a firm date and a reminder via email or PM since you would be surprized at how many don't read the forum that regularly! I'll bet half the DFW IAP members don't even know about this thread.

Ya'll have fun!

I am unsure if it needs to be formal per say, but we need to get someone or some two to take some sort of lead to organize the meetings.

plano_harry

I am new to turning and was hoping the North Texas chapter was active. I don't see any posts since the Fall 2011 meeting. Is anything planned for spring?

Harry

Top Bottom