August GTG?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brez

North Texas Pen Turners,

It looks like we will have a busy day Saturday. George wil be taking us through the process of making kit-less pens, Bob will demo his approach to tool sharpening (we may have a couple of other folks add their input on this subject as well) and Sherry, Terry and Angela will talk us through their new methods for dying and stabilizing blanks (they will also have some of their blanks there to see and purchase).

If you don't have directions, send me an email, or PM, and I will get them to you.

Thanks
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

And we did have a busy day. George did a great job showing us how he makes his kitless fountain pens. Bob explained several ways to grind and sharpen tools and I know we all learned something. Sherry, Terry, and Angela (http://www.texaswoodhouse.com/Samle_Page_y.html) helped us understand more about dying and stabilizing and showed us some incredible blanks. Thanks to all who made the day possible. And, a big Texas thanks to Mike for once again hosting the meeting in his (roomy and air conditioned) shop. Thanks guys and gals!!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

North Texas Pen Turners,

It looks like we will have a busy day Saturday. George wil be taking us through the process of making kit-less pens, Bob will demo his approach to tool sharpening (we may have a couple of other folks add their input on this subject as well) and Sherry, Terry and Angela will talk us through their new methods for dying and stabilizing blanks (they will also have some of their blanks there to see and purchase).

Thanks
Mike

evanslmtd

Don
I'd like to thank everyone involved in putting the GTG together. The food was very good, the instructing was great, but the people were outstanding.
I had a great time and learned a lot. I can't wait for the next one.
Again, thanks to everyone who helped put this meeting together.

GregHight

I really wish I could have made it and my wife and I definately want to make the next one if at all possible. Maybe we could start planning the next one? I would like to ask if the GTGs are adult only? My 9 year old daughter loves turning pens and would very much enjoy going to a GTG. She made 4 pens at the turnaton at WoodWorld and had a blast.

brez

I really wish I could have made it and my wife and I definately want to make the next one if at all possible. Maybe we could start planning the next one? I would like to ask if the GTGs are adult only? My 9 year old daughter loves turning pens and would very much enjoy going to a GTG. She made 4 pens at the turnaton at WoodWorld and had a blast.

Greg,

All are welcome. We like to encourage turners of all ages.

Mike

shull

I would like to add my thanks to all involved, especially Mike for opening his lovely home to all us wanna-be woodchucks. I for one am looking forward to the next gathering.

I was at the last meeting at Mike's and some of the people had IAP name tags that could be used to take to Rockler and Woodworld for discounts. I tried to find something on this website but have yet to find it. Any help were to go to request or print out one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

byounghusband

Dan,
Go to the Buy, Sell, Swap portion of the forum and go into IAP Merchandise. there aer two threads on name badges. Try this one:
Name Badges

So how are those new sharp tools?:glasses-nerdy:

I was at the last meeting at Mike's and some of the people had IAP name tags that could be used to take to Rockler and Woodworld for discounts. I tried to find something on this website but have yet to find it. Any help were to go to request or print out one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Texatdurango

Thanks,
Dan
I may be mistaken because I didn't pay attention to any badges this time but a few meetings ago, Terry (TD on the forum and a GIRL) did a bang up job making name tags for everyone. I'll bet those were the name tags people were wearing, especially if they showed "North Texas Chapter" under the logo.

Maybe we can talk Terry into making "official" badges for everyone for a nominal fee! :) She has the artistic knack for sure!

Top Bottom