Starter Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I pieced mine together from Penn State and other vendors just so I would not get tools I would not need. Adjustable mandrel from penn state Bushings for slimline from JohnnyCnC. Glue and Epoxy from Mannie (wqooden wonders I believe). If you do some reading youll see every one has a favorite tool to use or two There is a gentleman that is testing a tube insertion tool that is awesome. So I guess I am saying you may want to consider piecing your stuff instead of getting a kit.

aggromere

Yea, I might agree with that. I bet I have at least $1,000 worth of stuff I never use that I thought I had to have. The advice I got (although I had already done research and purchased the lathe) was to get the best possible lathe you can afford. As a recent puchaser of a metal lathe I bought a small one. I love it, but I wish I had bought a bigger one. But live and learn.

My first wood lathe (the one I still have and use daily) is a jet 1014vs. It was a little pricey compared to some of the others, but it is a workhorse and has never been out of alignment and I pretty much abuse it as much as I can. I dont know about any of the other lathes.

Top Bottom