Central TX meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Looks like it is taking shape. I will do a stabilizing demo is anyone is interested and and also do a pen photography demo if there is interest.

Curtis, I am glad to see you replying to this thread. If you are all OK with the date and no other commitment then I'd like to start a new thread with the date and all the plans and have participants to post in that new thread, what say you?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

OK, folks I appreciate that you all are replying to this thread when I start the new thread I will post your names that you replied and like to come and would also ask to participate in demos and other activities, then I also will start the food and refreshment assignment so we don't have too many duplicates. Thank you all.

mrburls

I got off work for the 16th, Will be there. Also will bring 100 to 300 blanks to sell again, depending on what I find laying around.

Keith "mrburls"

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I will be bringing glue and BOW to the meeting. If you know what you want, please PM me by July 7 so I can make sure I have enough on hand to fill orders. Also, if you want pen boxes, let me know, otherwise I will not bring any.

flyitfast

Curtis, I really like the idea of a casting demo. I'm sure there are those that say "it's a piece of cake", but it is still a mystery to me. I guess once a person has done one (or many), most of the mystery goes away. Anyway, I vote for that demo - and the photography always reveals some useful tips, etc.
Thanks for offering.
I'll be there.

By the way, is the BBQ a place near by?

gordon

phillywood

Ok, this the latest head count of those who would like to attend.
Phillywood, Mesquiteman, beck3906, Monty, Sawdust46, flyitfast, The Penguin, burgerman, TomW, Rounder, Timebandit, mrburls, LizardSpit, el_d, widows, strickydickon, JAB1, Snowbeast,munawar, Stick Rounder, snowman56,

Last edited:

el_d

I got a kids Birthday party to attend for a family member but it doesnt start till later in the Day.
I wont be able to stay for the entire IAP party but will be there for the first half.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just a reminder, I will be bringing glue and BOW. To make sure you get the glue you want, let me know before this Friday morning so I can be sure to bring enough with me. Also, I will only be bringing pen boxes for those that order them.

Also, what was the decision on lunch? Are we still having a big feed at Curtis' or are we going to the BBQ place just down the road?

phillywood

Well, folks it's drawing closer to the date and I'll try to contact Curtis by the phone tomorrow to make sure that he is still OK with the plan then I'll start a new thread reflecting all the info. we'll need. Meanwhile, stay tuned for further news.

phillywood

Hello, again, and I have not forgotten you at all. I am waiting to hear form Curtis and make sure that he is still up to having us at his place. Since with all the latest events in his life we want to make sure this will not inconvenience him. Thank you all for your understanding.
PS, I am thinking it may be a bette idea to arrange to go the BBQ place as Monty suggested since we don't have much time lef to the 16th, what say you?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yes, we are still on. I would not have waited this long to cancel. BBQ may be best but is not as much fun. Maybe we could still have some folks bring desert and drinks. Then, after the BBQ, we can come back and then mid afternoon have desert? Just an idea.

Rounder

Yes, we are still on. I would not have waited this long to cancel. BBQ may be best but is not as much fun. Maybe we could still have some folks bring desert and drinks. Then, after the BBQ, we can come back and then mid afternoon have desert? Just an idea.

What if we picked up the BBQ and ate at your place Curtis? Would that be easier than everyone trying to load up and overloading the BBQ joint? Each person could donate money and someone could go and pick it up. Just another thought.

phillywood

Curtis, thanks for your response and glad to know that your OK. I want to go ahead and make a new thread and then [post your address from the last year thread and try to get the show rolling, what say you?
And, it may not be a bad idea to do it like last year that people brought the food and deserts, I agree that it was fun to eat together and chat with different folks than going to a BBQ place that you can not move around that much.

burgerman

Looks like it is taking shape. I will do a stabilizing demo is anyone is interested and and also do a pen photography demo if there is interest.

Curtis, You take great photos. I would be very interested in a photography demo. The stabilizing would be interesting too. Thanks,

Top Bottom