Central TX meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Gordon, I agree with you and I mentioned it to Curtis that it may not be a good time at this time to hold the meeting. If majority agree to move it to July, then we ask Curtis to pick a date to hold the meeting,then. I have to wait and see what the respond would be from the rest of the other guys.

Last edited:

burgerman

July is fine with me. You might want to avoid the first weekend in July since that is basically the July 4th weekend, and many folks may have plans already then.

JAB1

July

There is a chance I might be in Texas in mid July....would love to make it and see all you guys again....Allan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, July it is. Pick a date. I am fine with any of them. July is actually better for me so that hopefully the stuff with my dad is straightened out by then one way or another.

TomW

I'm sure my friends in North Texas wont mine me saying THANK YOU Central Texas! We'll see you in July!

Tom

phillywood

phillywood

Ok, then it's confirmed for July 16Th. Now we need to move onto organizing it.

Central Texas meeting on July 16Th, 2011.
Central Texas meeting on June16Th, 2011.

Last edited:

phillywood

Ok, folks now I need to get a head count for how many attending so I can coordinate the food and beverages and other goody stuff.

Most important thing to remember that everyone needs to bring a chair(folding or whatever you are comfortable with) for your selves and your guests, and also we need to bring in some tables(preferably folding ones so we can set them up. If you want to do any show and tell then you need to bring your display and a table.

Last year, we each brought some banks and woods ( to be cut) and we entered a drawings. we also had swaps amongst the members. some brought blanks and other wares to sell or trade.
We also need some demo.s (not demolitions:rolleyes:) and hopefully you guys would pitch in some of your talents.

flyitfast

Don't know what foods, etc you need.
Put me down for wife's deviled :devil:eggs, plates, cups, plasticware, and a case of water. I'll also bring a 6ft folding table.
gordon

TomW

I'm in! (Assuming you will have a darn northerner). I'll be spending the night in Austin, so hows about I bring some Donuts?

Tom

The Penguin

Now that a date has been selected - might I suggest locking this thread and creating a new one with the date in the first post?

less confusion...

phillywood

Now that a date has been selected - might I suggest locking this thread and creating a new one with the date in the first post?

less confusion...
I would love to do that then it creates too many threads then that can be confusing. it appears that you have not been around the IAP that long so if you have any questions please PM me and I try to help. I also need to know where you are form and if you are attending this meeting or what you would like to do? Or, if it was just a suggestion?

The Penguin

I do not post on IAP that much, but I have been to a previous meeting at Curtis' shop.

I am in Houston.

I've also been around lots of forums (and moderated them) and generally it's less confusing to have 1 thread for "suggesting" the date...then once the date is argued/discussed/negotiate, start a new thread with the date in the title and use that thread for the planning.

it was just a suggestion based on my past experience.

my family and I will try to make it, but probably won't know for sure if we can go until the Monday before.

phillywood

I do not post on IAP that much, but I have been to a previous meeting at Curtis' shop.

I am in Houston.

I've also been around lots of forums (and moderated them) and generally it's less confusing to have 1 thread for "suggesting" the date...then once the date is argued/discussed/negotiate, start a new thread with the date in the title and use that thread for the planning.

it was just a suggestion based on my past experience.

my family and I will try to make it, but probably won't know for sure if we can go until the Monday before.
My appology, I went back and looked I noticed you were there, but I was just trying not to confuse the thread ,but I think you are right and I will start a new one to keep things under control.

TomW

I gave a Celtic Knot demo at N. Texas meeting this weekend. It went over pretty well. I'd be happy to do it again for Central Texas if 'yall are interested.

Tom

phillywood

I gave a Celtic Knot demo at N. Texas meeting this weekend. It went over pretty well. I'd be happy to do it again for Central Texas if 'yall are interested.

Tom
Tom, I'll put you down for that, we have to see what happened to the rest of the central TX gang they are awfully quiet (Mighty Mighty Bosstones) nowadays. And, also we have to wait and see how Curtis will feel to have us there with all that going on in his life now. I'd say that every one should stand by for further development on this segment of the news cast.:biggrin:

flyitfast

Originally Posted by TomW

Tom

Tom, the celtic knot demo sounds like a great idea. I've never seen a live demo and the several online ones have me confused. Look forward to it.

Phillip, I have the 16th down on my calendar.

gordon

phillywood

Originally Posted by TomW

Tom

Tom, the celtic knot demo sounds like a great idea. I've never seen a live demo and the several online ones have me confused. Look forward to it.

Phillip, I have the 16th down on my calendar.

gordon
Gordon I hope that rest of the gang are up to this or not fallen sleep on me. I wonder where every one is? I guess you and I and Tom and few others that I know of are the only ones going????????
We need to get the party started. Well, after Curtis let us know how he is doing with the family grieving. I am sure that he would be exhausted after this heat and his family going through all these situations.

flyitfast

[/quote]
Gordon I hope that rest of the gang are up to this or not fallen sleep on me. I wonder where every one is? I guess you and I and Tom and few others that I know of are the only ones going????????
We need to get the party started. Well, after Curtis let us know how he is doing with the family grieving. I am sure that he would be exhausted after this heat and his family going through all these situations.[/quote]

Phillip, maybe a new thread would be a good idea. Use the new thread to tie together date, place, time, demos, food, etc. The thread would focus on what the plan is and tie together everyone's interest and plans.
Before the thread, double check with Curtis to confirm that the plans can go ahead.
Thanks for keeping this going.
gordon

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just got word today that my son's leave won't start until July 18 so I plan on attending. Maybe we can get a contingent from the Houston area. Anyone interested in carpooling PM me.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Looks like it is taking shape. I will do a stabilizing demo is anyone is interested and and also do a pen photography demo if there is interest.

Top Bottom