Central TX meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Hello, folks, I have created a thread on May 9Th 2011 asking if there were any interest to meet for annual meeting in or around San Antonio area and asked for your inputs. The weather is getting warmer and I thought that you all might like to meet before it gets way too hot. I'll be glad to arrange for a place for the meeting if there are enough interest and then I have to look for a place. Please post here if interested.
If there are interests I can check and see if local carpenters Union will let us meet at their place or I try to scout for meeting place.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It has always been here at my shop since I am centrally located to both Austin and SA so if we want to do it, we can certainly do it here again. I just need some help getting it all together. I have a lot going on in my life right now but would be more than happy to host it again if someone can help plan it.

Snowbeast

Count me in. If the dates work for me. Nothing scheduled for the foreseeable future but that can change in a heartbest around here.:frown:

Would be nice to do some face to face with names from the forum.

Snowbeast

phillywood

It has always been here at my shop since I am centrally located to both Austin and SA so if we want to do it, we can certainly do it here again. I just need some help getting it all together. I have a lot going on in my life right now but would be more than happy to host it again if someone can help plan it.
Curtis, if you are busy then can you tell me when is good for you then I try to organize it. I just need to know which weekend or when. Also, this time I would make sure that we can pitch in all the way for all the costs and cleaning afterwards. I figured you must be very busy that's why I offered to look for some place. I was aware of some of the events going on in your life and didn't think it would be fair to you to hold it again in your shop.

phillywood

Those who are interested, please start posting for a tentative date in June (since anytime later than that would be too hot) until I can check with Curtis to confirm the date is OK.I will then try to email the past participants and inform them of this event.

Thanks to Curtis again for offering his shop for this event.

phillywood

Rick it sounds good. Last time every one pitched in with food and snack. It was very fun and informative and educational at the same time. As soon as I get some confirmation form Curtis on a date we get the whole thing rolling.

phillywood

I have no weekend plans for the rest of the summer so pretty much any date that works for the groups is fine with me.
How about Sat June 25Th? That's 4 Sat. away, would that work for you? If So, then I start emailing the participants from the last yr. and also the guys from TX to see who would come. And, also anyone else who is going to be this way for that matter.

flyitfast

Thanks to Curtis for offering again this year and to Phillip for wanting to help with the organizing.
I would love to attend, but the 25th I'll be in St Paul for the AAW annual get together. :frown: I suspect there will be others making the same trip.
If that is the best date hope you have as good a meeting as last year. :bananen_smilies046: Keep me posted.
Gordon
San Antonio

el_d

Maybe for the 24th......

I know I can make it on the 18th. I can take my wife and may be able to get her to make some more beans. The ones with Bacon, and sausage, onions, tomatoes,
jalapenos.......

phillywood

Thanks to Curtis for offering again this year and to Phillip for wanting to help with the organizing.
I would love to attend, but the 25th I'll be in St Paul for the AAW annual get together. :frown: I suspect there will be others making the same trip.
If that is the best date hope you have as good a meeting as last year. :bananen_smilies046: Keep me posted.
Gordon
San Antonio
Gordon, I completely forgot about it. I am waiting to hear on the date form Curtis to make sure if it's ok. However, it may not be a bad idea to move it to the 18TH for the same reason.

phillywood

I would like to ask those of you who attend to volunteer for demo, like we did last year. or if there is a particular demo you like to see?
Also, suggestions for food and drink. Last year we had too many duplicates and we had too much food left over that I don't think Curtis or his Dog Rosco could finish all of them. I'll be posting suggestions for food and the drink based on last years meeting and we get to choose what you like to bring along. I am open for suggestions too.

burgerman

Thanks Phillip for organizing, and thanks Curtis for hosting again. I can make it either the 18th or the 25th. I would love to see a demo on photographing pens.
I have been struggling with getting that down. Looking forward to another great meeting!

TomW

North Texas is meeting June 18th. I'd appreciate an alternate date as I'm sure other N Texas folks would too. Can't commit to coming, but sure enjoyed it last year.

Tom

phillywood

well. I have to wait for a confirmation from Curtis. I'd love to see more people there since last year we ended up being 38 according to Curtis's count. I like to have it on a day that most every one can attend. The more the merrier, of course we have to make sure that the building can accommodate that too. Once we get the date confirmed then I can arrange for the demos and the food distribution. For now I know that everyone who attends need to bring a lounge or a chair with them so we can all be seated. Also, we would need some table and if you want to sale your wares then I think Curtis would want you to bring a table for your set up.
Tanks for those who replied.

flyitfast

I had forgotten about the No. TX meeting on the 18th - don't know how many go to that one.
However, put me down for Curtis' on the 18th. I can bring whatever on food. The wife makes great :devil: deviled eggs, and I can bring plates, cups, plastic silverware.
Let me know.
Gordon

TomW

I had forgotten about the No. TX meeting on the 18th - don't know how many go to that one.
However, put me down for Curtis' on the 18th. I can bring whatever on food. The wife makes great :devil: deviled eggs, and I can bring plates, cups, plastic silverware.
Let me know.
Gordon

Gordon, You may have miss-understood me. We would like to come to Central Texas meeting, but cannot on the 18th.

Tom

flyitfast

Tom
Understood. I'd like to attend the No. TX meeting too. We need to find ways to clone ourselves!! (don't think the LOML would want two of me, tho'!)
I'm sure this will work out for all....
Gordon

phillywood

Let me know.
Gordon

Gordon, You may have miss-understood me. We would like to come to Central Texas meeting, but cannot on the 18th.

Tom
Tom we would love to have everyone there like last time. it gives us a better versatility. I would have liked to come up there ,however it's a long drive and I have to stay over night since I can not be driving for that many hours ( back problem still)

munawar

I am in and just about any weekend will work for me, unless a disaster happens at my work. I will also pitch in and clean up and all.

Regards,
Manny

phillywood

Thank you guys, just stay tuned until I can get a firm date then we move on to the other aspect of this fun meeting.
BTW, Any one so far would like to do a demo on any subjects? Please let me know so i can start scheduling the time for every one with an appropriate potty brake for us the older guys, and also refreshments.
I am sure we are off to a good start.

phillywood

No confirmation on the date yet, so stay tuned.

And, Stay indoors. we may have a sweaty finish on our pens.
sweating-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

phillywood

Hello, folks, I have had a conversation with Curtis and the best time for him for us meet at his place is June 25Th, so the Meeting will take place on:

Central Texas Annual Meeting scheduled for June 25Th.

So, please confirm your attendance and stay tuned for food and the stuff that we need to bring along. Thank you.

phillywood

Ok, in order to keep every thing fair and square, look at the word attachment I added above and chose what you would like to bring along to keep the meeting exciting.
Please note that every individual need to bring a folding or a chair for him/herself and your guest, and also we need to have folks bring tables for the food items. If you decide to have any show and tell or sell our ware, tools or blanks you need to bring your own table or display for them since Curtis does not have that many to offer. We also need people who are planning to stay longer to help with cleaning after the majority of attendees leave. All, and all it should be lots of fun it sure was last year.

flyitfast

Glad to hear you are going to have the meeting - the value for all those that attend is unmatched.
However, I will have to decline since I will be attending AAW on that date.
icon9.gif

Take lots of pictures and videos for those of us that will be in MN.
Gordon
San Antonio

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Glad to hear you are going to have the meeting - the value for all those that attend is unmatched.
However, I will have to decline since I will be attending AAW on that date.
icon9.gif

Take lots of pictures and videos for those of us that will be in MN.
Gordon
San Antonio

Gordon,

Sorry you will not be able to make it. The 18th would be fine with me too but I felt that since this is an IAP Activity, it was not right to infringe on the North Texas Chapter meeting by having ours on the same day. I would have no problem at all with postponing it until July if that fits everyone better. I have an air conditioned shop and think I can get a hold of a Port-a-Cool for the un-airconditioned section of the shop. It will still be very comfortable. What does anyone think of that idea?

flyitfast

Curtis, thanks for the reply. I agree that it would be wrong to conflict with the No. TX meeting and mentioned that in an earlier post. It is very gracious of you to have this on the 25th, considering your focus on your father and family at this time. He definitely needs you.
If the 25th is best for everyone, that has to be the date, but postponement until later in July might be best for all concerned. I know there must be a cost for supplemental air and I'd be happy to contribute to that cost.
Again, thanks for your thoughts and, more importantly, may you and your family feel a peace during this period of your lives.
Gordon

Top Bottom