Central Texas Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

An update on demos...

Seamus is doing a demo on casting. Monty and Don V. Are attending and they also are experienced casters. This should be a really great discussion.

Seamus is also demo'ing how he cuts his quarters. Remember, he's bring several to sell, so bring cash.

Monty is doing a demo on stabilizing.

Keith is leading a discussion on painting tubes and blanks. We'll discuss what to do and how colors can affect the blank outcome.

We'll have a general discussion on turning various types of acrylics and woods.

We may have a discussion on marketing our products.

We'll have the blank exchange.

We'll do a speed turning competition. Bring your tools if you feel more comfortable using them. Just mark your tools or keep them in your vehicle until time for our competition.

Then we'll have lunch. In all fairness, many of the topics above will be after lunch so we can have as much discussion as possible.

Lunch will be $5 per person. Sodas and water will be available throughout the day.

And we'll see where we go from here.

We'll start at 9:30 with meet and greet. Come a bit early if you want, but not too early. I have a few things to do to get ready.

Bring a folding chair if you want to sit during lunch.

Shop is cool but not bone chilling. It may be upper 70's, or near 80, inside but it will be near 100 outside. We'll have fans to help move the air.

This is going to be a great time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Also...
Bring your show and tell. We want to see some grat work you folks do.

We'll also have a place for things you want to sell.

Space in the shop is getting used quickly with the different things we'll be doing.

beck3906

Hours away and I still have a bit of work to get the shop ready. I may be pulling an all-niter. :eek:

Be careful if you want to use a GPS to try and find my street location as many GPS systems won't have our address. Use the instructions I gave in the earlier post.

I'll be watching this thread if you need something.

If you want my cell phone number in case you get lost, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

seamus7227

Me and the wife made it safely to Round Rock, Tx. We are going to have dinner at a place called The Oasis on Lake Travis, chill for the evening and then make the drive up tomorrow! I know people must have thought something strange of me since I was toting in a pressure pot(has my resin in it) to the room. Lol, I put the little bottle of mekp in my cargo pocket and the darn red cap popped of the top and leaked all in my pocket, now I wreak like that stuff.

Sataro

Due to circumstances that have come up, I will not be able to make it. Instead I will be sitting around waiting on my truck to have new brakes & rotors replaced. Looking at the schedule of events, I will be kicking myself for a long time due to missing this event.

ironman123

I want to thank Rick and his wife again for the memorable Central Texas June Meeting.Great food, great Demos and discussions.

Met quite a few people that match some of the names. Guess we could have moved along a little quicker if Seamus had remembered he had a quarter in his pocket, then we wouldn't have had to hunt for it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Appreciate the demos from Seamus, Monty and Keith.

Thanks

Ray

hchidgey

Please add my sincerest thanks and gratitude to those mentioned above. I am so pleased to have had the opporunity to learn from these experienced, highly skilled craftsmen and artists. My hat is off to all of you and special thanks to Rick and his bride for the great hospitality!

mrburls

Again Rick I want to thank you and your wife for all the preparing for the meeting. Hats off to the both of you. Your wife did a wonderful with have lunch for all of us and inviting us into your home. It was great to meet some of the turners I have not met before.
I can't wait to start turning some of those blanks I got from Seamus. It was pretty cool getting to see in person how he cuts those quarters.
Monty did a nice job on casting. But next time we need to have a larger hammer for him to release his casting from mold :eek:

Keith "mrburls"

vanngo5d

I wanted to Thank you, Rick and your wife for hosting and having us over. Great to meet everyone. As always great demonstrations from everyone involved. Well worth the 3hr drive.

Sawdust46

Thanks to Rick and his wife for being great host/hostess! Thanks to Seamus, Keith and Monty for the demos. I learned a great deal. It's always better in person than just watching a video. Met some more great folks!

BarryM

Thank you Rick for hosting the meeting. Tell your wife she did some awesome burgers. I learned something from everyone and had a great time. I look forward to talking again in the future.

Barry

Top Bottom