Central Texas - August 9th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Let's get things firmed up.

I'll offer to host a get together at my place in Bellton on August 9th.

I'll plan on providing the food. Burgers and fixins, you bring $5.00. :biggrin:

Possible topics....

How to embellish a plain pen body (or correct the problems) - Learn techniques of correcting split or chipped bodies. We'll try to make this a hands-on effort like we did a couple of things last time.

Suggest more topics.

Arrive about 9-9:30, over around 3:30 or so.

Let's get things shaping up.

Rick

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Rick, someday you will schedule this get together when I don't have a previous "thing", :mad:
I'll be in Indiana that weekend at a cousin reunion.
I sure do want to come up there and meet all you guys.
Next time.
Gordon

mrburls

If Roy is going to show up I will certainly try to get off from work. I'd like to meet the guy I buy all the expensive pen making parts from :)
Maybe he might even bring some of that stuff along to sell :rolleyes:
Keith "mrburls"

beck3906

I am at a very difficult decision point at this time and need to offer an explanation.

I have planned on this meeting for August 9th for some time. However, my sister's health has taken a serious turn for the worse in just the last few days. She has gone into kidney failure and beginning to show the symptoms of other body functions beginning to shut down. She is down to 74 lbs. and her blood pressure yesterday was 62/36, barely what you would think could keep her alive. I went to visit her last weekend and saw the shell of a person I've always known.

My sister received a kidney and pancreas transplant 17 years ago. The average recipient keeps their transplant for about 15 years so she has exceeded the average She has said she does not want to go back on dialysis if she does loose this kidney as she does not want to endure the pain again.

She has signed a DNR and made it clear to me and her children she does not want to receive any medications that extends life.

Based on what her medical team is saying, we expect to have her 2-3 more weeks. This places her passing at the time of our meeting.

Based on my uncertainty of when she may pass away, I feel I need to cancel this meeting at this time. This would allow everyone time to make other plans and not be held up knowing if I may cancel at the last minute.

I was really looking forward to having everyone come as I enjoy talking to folks and getting new ideas.

If someone else would like to host the meeting, please say something and we can keep planning. I will be happy to host a meeting late this year or early next year as I'm about to enter show season.

Thanks for your understanding.

ironman123

Rick, do what you must. I would also cancel under those circumstances.

My prayers for you and the rest of the family at this time for strength and understanding of what is happening, also for your sister's comfort during this time.

Ray

beck3906

We had the funeral service for my sister this past weekend. She passed peacefully and is missed by many.

I won't be able to arrange another meeting at my shop until late this year or early next year as I need to get ready for shows. I would be happy to attend if someone else coordinated a gathering.

Let's get some interest generated for our next meeting.

plano_harry

Rick, I am sorry to hear about your sister, but relieved that she is not suffering and I offer my prayers for your family.

Was getting excited about maybe having a road trip and will be looking for your next meeting whenever you have time.

Joe Burns

Rick,

Please accept my sincere sympathy to you and your family on the passing of your sister.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

flyitfast

Rick, very sorry to hear of the loss of your sister - not lost but forever in your memories. God bless your family.
Hope we all can get together somewhere in a central location. Look forward to meeting everyone some day.
gordon

seamus7227

Rick, me and Jennie send our deepest condolences. My apologies for it taking so long to see this posting. If there is absolutely anything that i can do to help, dont hesitate to ask.

phillywood

Rick, sorry to hear about your sister's passing.I am sure it's very hard for you and your family as well as her immediate family. My god give her a place in his arm that she wouldn't be missing the life on earth. the most important thing is that she does not have to endure the pain and discomfort any more. i aws not online for a good while I apologize for the late condolences.

Top Bottom