Ok folks, confirmed to go ahead today by Curtis. so we are on for,

2011 Central Texas Annual meeting:
Date: Sat, July 16Th, 2011
Place: Curtis Seebeck's (Mesquitman) in San Marcus, Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Curtis's Address

Here is the map and directions on how to get here:

Here are a couple of maps as well as directions for Saturday. The first is an overview with the second a close-up for when you get off I-35.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Directions:

I-35 South of San Marcos to Posey Rd (Exit 199)
West on Posey Rd. until dead end at Hunter Road
South (left) at Hunter Rd. approx 100 yards to Hunter Ridge
West (right) on Hunter Ridge to cul-de-sac at end of road
Continue on the paved driveway (basically a continuation of Hunter Ridge) approx 100 feet
Take gravel driveway to the left and follow it up past my house to the metal building/shop
. Feel free to park in the grass on the right side of the driveway.

If you get lost, my mobile number is 512-738-0775.

phillywood

Ok, important for everyone to bring along:
1- Bring a folding or a chair for you/and your guest
2- And also we need to have folks bring tables for the food items.
(Please let me know so we don't have too many of tables)
If you decide to have any show and tell or sell your ware, tools or blanks you need to:
1- bring your own table or display for them since Curtis does not have
that many to offer.
We also need people who are planning to stay longer to help with cleaning after the majority of attendees leave. All, and all it should be lots of fun it sure was last year.

Last year, we each brought some blanks and woods (to be cut) and we entered a drawings. we also had swaps amongst the members. Some brought blanks and other wares to sell or trade.
We also need some demo.s (not demolitions:rolleyes:) and hopefully you guys would pitch in some of your talents.

Last edited:

phillywood

On a previous post Curtis suggested that he can get a hold of a Port-a-Cool for the un-airconditioned section of the shop. It will still be very comfortable. What does anyone think of that idea? If you are in favor of it then I'll ask Curtis to tell us the cost and everyone please pitch in.

phillywood

Food items

Following members confirmed bringing:
flyitfast: "Put me down for wife's deviled :devil:eggs, plates, cups, plasticware, and a case of water. I'll also bring a 6ft folding table."

TomW: so hows about I bring some Donuts

Following members voulnteered for demos:

TomW: "I gave a Celtic Knot demo at N. Texas meeting this weekend. It went over
pretty well. I'd be happy to do it again for Central Texas if 'yall are interested.

MesquiteMan: I will do a stabilizing demo is anyone is interested and and also do a
pen photography demo if there is interest

Following members will Bring Blanks or ware to sell:
mrburls: Also will bring 100 to 300 blanks to sell again, depending on what I find
laying around.

Monty: "I will be bringing glue and BOW to the meeting. If you know what you want,
please PM me by July 7 so I can make sure I have enough on hand to fill
orders. Also, if you want pen boxes, let me know, otherwise I will not bring
any."

phillywood

This is the latest head count from previous thread, please add your name in this thread if you can come or would like to attend.
These members showed interest in attending:
Qballizhere, snowman56, Snowbeast, trickydick, flyitfast, el_d, mrburls, beck3906, Monty, Burgerman, TomW, munawar, jedgerton,, Stick Rounder, JAB1, Timebandit

These people have confirmed their attendance:

• flyitfast
    • Snowbeast
    • trickydick
    • philywood
    • MedquiteMan
    • TomW
    • LizardSpit
    • Sawdust46
    • widows son
    • Monty
    • mrburls
    • Rounder
    • Timebandit
    • beck390
    • The Penguin, 3 poeple
    • burgerman,
    • el_d,
    • Vernon
    • KiltedGunn
    • widows,
    • JAB1,
    • munawar,
    • Stick Rounder,
    • snowman56

Following members would like to go to BBQ place:
Monty, TomW, burgerman,

flyitfast

Let us know what the final decision on food is by mid week so that those who are bringing something will know whether to buy ingredients or not.
I'm still down for what I said, unless we have BBQ. I can bring a dessert if I know in time. I'll still bring a case of water and plates and cups.
See y'all there.:banana:
Gordon

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I will be submitting a glue order Monday around noon central time, so if anyone has a special request, like a gallon of accelerator or odorless CA, PM me.
Also,, sine I'll be driving my Suburban, I'll bring some pen boxes with me.

phillywood

I will be submitting a glue order Monday around noon central time, so if anyone has a special request, like a gallon of accelerator or odorless CA, PM me.
Also,, sine I'll be driving my Suburban, I'll bring some pen boxes with me.
Are you gonna try and buddy up with the other folks from Houston to share ride?

phillywood

updated attendees list as of 7-10-11

• flyitfast
    • Snowbeast
    • trickydick
    • philywood
    • MedquiteMan
    • TomW
    • LizardSpit
    • Sawdust46
    • widows son
    • Monty
    • mrburls
    • Rounder
    • Timebandit
    • beck390
    • The Penguin, 3 poeple
    • burgerman,
    • el_d,
    • Vernon
    • KiltedGunn
    • widows,
    • JAB1,
    • munawar,
    • Stick Rounder,
    • snowman56
    • HeartofaPen & wife
Total: 29

ElMostro

I was initially going to be out of town during the meeting so I was not planning on going but the trip is postponed...now I am trying to "squirrel" my way out of a "gathering" that I was "voluntold" to attend...so put me down as tentative

Eugene

phillywood

I was initially going to be out of town during the meeting so I was not planning on going but the trip is postponed...now I am trying to "squirrel" my way out of a "gathering" that I was "voluntold" to attend...so put me down as tentative

Eugene
No, I was counting on you buddy, you went to Houston meeting with goodies and I didn't think you get exempted from your own backyard meeting. Glad to have you if you can getaway to come. BTW, let me know if you want to car pool like last time.

Oh, are you going to do any demos or bring supplies with you too?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I guess food will be BBQ but I think it would be nice to have desert back at the shop afterwards if anyone is willing/interested. It was more fun doing the cook out last time but I just do not have the time right now to prepare for that with getting the pits here and everything.

phillywood

Curtis,
I'll be there
Curtis? last time I checked my name was still Phillip. You welcome to the meeting.

Phillip, he was addressing this to me since he is a personal friend of mine that has been to my shop many times. And OF COURSE he is welcome. Everyone is welcome in my shop.

Curtis, I know that I was just kidding him.
OK, we will have BBQ, and you want kind of collect money at the meeting and put in the order and go pick it up so we will all be around the tables at your place and eat all together. This way no cooking and we would be all around the same camp fire?
If you are in agreement then I ask that we bring something for the desert. The other thing I forgto to ask you if you still have your fridge then we can bring some cold fruits and have them during the day.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, we will have BBQ, and you want kind of collect money at the meeting and put in the order and go pick it up so we will all be around the tables at your place and eat all together. This way no cooking and we would be all around the same camp fire?
If you are in agreement then I ask that we bring something for the desert. The other thing I forgto to ask you if you still have your fridge then we can bring some cold fruits and have them during the day.

It is going to be best to just go to the BBQ place like we did 2 years ago. That way people can get exactly what they want. I have already talked with the owners of the restaurant and they are going to set up their private room for us to use. Then we can eat there and come back to the shop afterwards. Trying to collect money and get exactly what everyone wants will be a logistical nightmare.

HeartofaPen

I am interested in seeing a demo using water slide on pens. I have someone who is wanting me to add some and I would like to see someone do one before I try it, if possible.

Will see what the LOML wants to try and get together for desert.

Chris Jones

ElMostro

Ok it looks like I can make it but I am going to have to punch out a bit early in order to make the next event over here.

As far as bringing supplies, I can bring some "Amalgam-Mutts" if anyone is interested.

Eugene

Eugene
No, I was counting on you buddy, you went to Houston meeting with goodies and I didn't think you get exempted from your own backyard meeting. Glad to have you if you can getaway to come. BTW, let me know if you want to car pool like last time.

Oh, are you going to do any demos or bring supplies with you too?

The Penguin

Looks like me and the family will be there...will need to cut out by 2 or so - I want to take them up to the Comal for a short trip down the river before we head back to Houston.

mrburls

I will bring 2 cherry crumb pies along with boxes of pen blanks of all kinds. Even some of my new Italian resin blanks I recently got, plus did a sample pen of the Italian blanks so you can see what they look like when finished.

Keith "mrburls"

wizard

If it's not too late...I would like to come. I'd be with my wife and 10 year old son. We can bring some dessert. Can be there from 9:30 to 2. Doc

phillywood

If it's not too late...I would like to come. I'd be with my wife and 10 year old son. We can bring some dessert. Can be there from 9:30 to 2. Doc
Not at all, come on by and have fun, I was wondering if you could come, gald to see that you can make it. BTW, I'll bring your blanks that I didn't get around sending them to you my applology.

phillywood

Ok Final count, on upto thrs. july14, 2011 4:08 pm.
Please let me know if I missed anyone:

• flyitfast
  • Snowbeast
  • trickydick
  • philywood
  • MedquiteMan
  • TomW
  • LizardSpit
  • Sawdust46
  • widows son +1
  • Monty
  • mrburls
  • Rounder +1
  • Timebandit
  • beck390
  • The Penguin, 3 poeple
  • burgerman,
  • el_d, +1
  • Vernon
  • KiltedGunn
  • widows,
  • JAB1,
  • munawar,
  • Stick Rounder,
  • snowman56
  • HeartofaPen & wife (2)
  • itzapen
  • The Penguin+2
  • wizard+2
I ahve about 35 poeple Total and i was on line with a new turner from San Antonio, who is joining us. So, total of 36

You can reach me on my Cell phone if you have any question (210) 365-7445

Last edited:

phillywood

OK, folks we need some water, cups sodas or any other drinks you'd like to bring so. please post so I know who is bring what.

Any one up for videoing the demos and taking picture of the event?

rsjimenez

It looks like I will also be able to make it. I will be with my wife and 2 sons, 13 and 10. I will also bring my new Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass blanks if anybody is interested. I am making them for the Cigar, Vertex, Razors, Clicker, Vista and Zen at the moment. In the near future I will be making them for the Jr. Gent II and Baron/Navigator.

I can bring a homemade cake and some water.

Collection.jpg

Last edited:

burgerman

Ok it looks like I can make it but I am going to have to punch out a bit early in order to make the next event over here.

As far as bringing supplies, I can bring some "Amalgam-Mutts" if anyone is interested.

Eugene

Hello Eugene, I'd be interested in a couple of the Lava Lamps in Orange Sherbet if you have a couple. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burgerman

I can bring some of the red plastic Solo cups. I have about 40 or so, if they are needed.
I will also bring some cookies for dessert.

It does start at 9:30, right? I can be there when it starts but need to cut out for another event by about 2pm or so.

Is there going to be a blank swap this time?

Top Bottom