Central, South and surrounding Texas area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Martin G

I'm definitely interested! The last meeting happened a couple of days before I found IAP.

Martin G.
Austin, Texas

jedgerton

I'm interested as well. Let's pick a date. The end of February and the end of March are bad for me but otherwise, I'll do my best to be there.

John

phillywood

Phillip, just like the others, it depends on the date and where.
You going to host it this year at your house???????? :biggrin: gordon
Gordon, I would have loved to, however; my shop won't even fit two people in it comfortably. That of course is of my own fault not anyone else's. That being said, I was not going to jump in there and impose on Curtis, since I know he is going through a lot in his bus. Recently. If you guys are up for it and are willing to pitch in some money to secure a place for the meeting then I try to procure a place to hold the meeting. I have to scout for it. Or try to see if I can find a bus. or ware house that is willing to rent it's place for a day? Of course, if this is agreeable then some of us have to bring small lathes or some tools to demo. to the place of meeting.

Last edited:

phillywood

The meetings have always been held at my shop since the central Texas chapter was started. It is a central location with plenty of room so I see no need to change it. If anyone feels otherwise, that is fine.
Curtis, your generosity is always appreciated. I was not sure if you were up to doing this again at your place. I knew that you were going through some hard time with your bus. and didn't know if this meeting was going to impose on you or not. If everyone is OK with it again we will try to meet at your place again and hopefully we will organize it better this time to avoid duplication of food items and definitely have more demos and fun things to do. All we have to do now is to commit for a date shich would be convenience for you and everyone else and then get the show on the road.

The Penguin

The meetings have always been held at my shop since the central Texas chapter was started. It is a central location with plenty of room so I see no need to change it. If anyone feels otherwise, that is fine.
Curtis, your generosity is always appreciated. I was not sure if you were up to doing this again at your place. I knew that you were going through some hard time with your bus. and didn't know if this meeting was going to impose on you or not. If everyone is OK with it again we will try to meet at your place again and hopefully we will organize it better this time to avoid duplication of food items and definitely have more demos and fun things to do. All we have to do now is to commit for a date shich would be convenience for you and everyone else and then get the show on the road.
are you kidding? we're the incentive that makes Curtis clean up his shop.

:biggrin:

Brian Davis

I will try to come not for sure I have so many health problems.
But I would love to come if I am able to never been to one.
I just started turning in Dec. of this year.

phillywood

Not, yet and since I am living town on Sat. 17; and won't be back until the 28th. It will be after that since I ahve to call Curtis and see if he would have free time on one of the Saturdays like before then try and coordinate it again.

Silverscout

Perhaps what we need is to find out when Curtis will have his place available for us to hold the get-together. Wouldn't make any sense trying to get together if he's not going to be able to have it a particular weekend.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It will have to be some time in May. I will be tied up the rest of this month and will be attending the MPG at the end of the month. The second or third weekend in May sounds fine with me.

phillywood

Well, sorry folks I didn't evenknow you guys were replying to this thread so we may have to do it in May as curtis said. I try ti drop him a ote or call him or he may see this post and give us a date. Then we proceed form there.

Justturnin

Has a date been set yet? I am in the Houston Area but if I can make it I will. Also, If I can make it and if anyone else from Houston wants to Car pool I can fit 5 more in the suburban comfortably or 7 more and it will be a bit tight. Just split the cost of gas how ever many ways.

jpboyes

As a brand-new woodturner, I would love to meet up with anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area...

jpboyes

Thanks!

Martin,

Thanks. I had seen that thread, and I would love to drive up there!

Jeff

beck3906

There is a South Texas group but there hasn't been any activity with them in quite some time. Maybe a few folks could organize a meeting?

Top Bottom