CenTex Chapter Summer Meeting 8-22-09

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
OK, it looks like we have a consensus. We will be having a an IAP Central Texas Chapter get-together August 22, 2009 at my shop in San Marcos. We will plan to start mid-morning and if everyone is interested, we will break for lunch and go to that great BBQ joint we went to last time. Then we can come back for more BS and demos in the afternoon.

More details will be forthcoming as they become available. I would certainly like to have some suggestions on what you guys would like to see for demos.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Curtis, I'd like to attend. Being an Alumilite nubie, I'd be interested in anything Alumilite, such as multicolor casts, using second color instead of painting tubes (concentric drilling), etc. I'm also interested in novel techniques (worthless wood, cactus, etc)

Perhaps Eugene could talk about in general about his techniques for his cast blanks.

Tom

JAB1

I'm In.....

Curtis....count me in. I would be interested in a demo on inlays....ie...stone--powder, crushed, etc.... I have my way but would be interested in seeing someone else do it. BBQ sounds great! As we discussed on the phone, I would like to see us set up some sort of a rotational schedule for future get-togethers....Allan in Utopia

mrburls

I will be there for another great time meeting members like last year. Just had to be sure I could get off from work.

I hope George (Texatdurango) could be talked into to doing a kitless pen demo with some tips on threading also. Seen some of your kitless pens last year and you're pretty good at making them. Hope you plan on attending George.

Curtis, are we going to do a pen blank swap again? And show off our pens again.

Looking forward to a good time again, Keith "mrburls"

jedgerton

I plan on attending as well. Let's plan on showing pens as that certainly gets conversation started on techniques and materials. See you all there.

jkeithrussell

I'll try to make it.

For topics, I'd love to learn about casting with Alumilite and maybe how to set up a pressure pot.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If anyone attending wants glue and/or pen boxes, please let me know by Monday Aug 17 so I can be sure I have enough glue to cover your order.

dow

I'm still hoping to be there, but there may be a hang-up. I THINK that my son has a thing that day, and I know that there's a picnic thing at a co-worker's house, which I might have to go to. If either or both of those fall through, then I'll definitely be there.

Top Bottom