Another relocated newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyliewing

Hello to everyone! Moved to Moody in January 2013 and I am interested in any organized activity in the area (Central Texas). I love penturning and scrolling but have been away from it for a while due to working(yuck) and moving. I'm hoping to have the time to really get active again. I would appreciate any info from fellow turners or scrollers in the area.

flyitfast

Bill, not sure what woodturning/penturning clubs are in your area. You might check with the AAW website (woodturner.org) who lists all woodturning clubs, including Austin, Kerrville, and others. We have a woodturning club and penturning club in San Antonio.
In August, the annual SWAT (Southwest Area Turners) will be having their meeting in Waco at the convention center. I think it is 23-25th. Big syposium and a lot of fun. We had over 850 attend last year. It covers all aspects of turning including penturning.
Welcome to Texas.

Joe Burns

Welcome to Central Texas. I'm down I35 from you in Temple. There are several pen turners in Central Texas that are active on the IAP. Don't know of any organizations or clubs that meet regularly in the area.

Joe

Top Bottom