Pen Turning for Troops in Harrisburg PA on November 6th

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

The Harrisburg PA Woodcraft is holding a Penturning for Troops at the store on November 6th.

I would like to have a chapter meeting to coincide with this event. We can turn some pens and talk penturning. The pen kits and blanks will be supplied by Woodcraft. If you decide to come, please bring your favorite woodturning tool(s). Sandpaper is also a plus

If you are interested, or need directions, please PM me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

I wish I didn't have to work weekends. Well, either that or that Harrisburg wasn't 2 hours away.

randyrls

I wish I didn't have to work weekends. Well, either that or that Harrisburg wasn't 2 hours away.

Yussef; It isn't that far! I have been in Philly several times in the past few months, although I REALLY don't like the Sure-Kill Crawlway!!:)

I've been to Penn State Industries, and dropped by Geno's for one of their wonderful cheese steaks.

I talked to Deb and Gail at the Woodcraft and they told me a lathe will be set up for turning for several weeks before the event to allow turners to drop in and make pens. They will supply blanks and kits.

If you want to come down, let me know when and I will meet you there.

Craftdiggity

I might be interested in a road trip. It is a pretty good haul for me, so I'd like to make a day of it. Let me know what the plans are for the day and I'll try to swing it.

jaybird

So this is on a Monday? I would love to attend if at all posable, if I did go and anyone haveing to come close to me I would love to car-pool if ya like, that way anyone coming this way wouldent have to drive so much, I could drive from here, always wanted to see the store I have drove past Harrisburg many times going to see Family,,,

randyrls

So this is on a Monday? I would love to attend if at all posable, if I did go and anyone haveing to come close to me I would love to car-pool if ya like, that way anyone coming this way wouldent have to drive so much, I could drive from here, always wanted to see the store I have drove past Harrisburg many times going to see Family,,,

Jay; Where abouts in PA are you? I live just north of Harrisburg near Linglestown. The "Turn for Troops" event was in November, but you could just jump in your Tardis and be there in a jiffy.:)

We made over 380 pens for the troops. Some people turned their first pen at the event!!!!:bananen_smilies051:

jaybird

Hmmmm.... boy do I feel like an ***, guess I should have read it closer,
I live about 1/2 hr. Bloomsburg, I use to travel down that way every weekend well till gas prices jumped, I have family in Carsile & Dillsburg, I guess I will just have to wait till next get together,.

randyrls

I live about 1/2 hr. Bloomsburg, I use to travel down that way every weekend well till gas prices jumped, I have family in Carsile & Dillsburg, I guess I will just have to wait till next get together,.

Jay; My wife's country cousin is the retirement community at Fox Hill (?) and her family is from the Williamsport area so we get up there at least once or twice a year. Nice area but bad traffic on Penn State home game weekends..

jaybird

I have not herd of Fox Hill, but Williamsport is my home town lived there till I got married the first time, then moved to Jersey Shore / Avis area, but now I live in Benton, next time I make a trip down to see the family I will have to give ya a holler and maybe get together and swap turning stories,,

Top Bottom