Meeting place.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ashaw

I am trying a couple of locations were we can meet. Maybe some where in the middle of the state for one meeting. Like Harrisburg area. Another meeting place in the philadelphia are for the south eastern group. Let me know what you think. I have talked to Woodcraft so far it seems to be no problem. I will be talking to Penn State Ind next week and get there feed back.

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerryS

Hi Alan

My turning club meets at the Delaware Woodcraft store , I'm sure they would do something . I could talk to the manager at the next meeting. Perhaps local VFW's or a rotation at member shops .

Regards
Jerry

waynewright

Hi Alan,

Since this is going to be a Tri-State Group, maybe we could look for a central location among all of those who are interested. I have had previous experience with a group having two locations, and in a short time, people only went to the meetings that were close to them. Just some experience.

Regards,
Wayne

barrels

I would think Phila is some what in the middle... north Jersey to south Delaware... probably even farther south would be the middle...but maybe if we don't have a volunteer in there shop Penn State is in the Phila area..... they could probably house us

Just my one cent...were ever it ends up being..I will see you there

ashaw

Sorry guys. Not been around alot. That is now changing. Yes I am in talks with Penn state of allowing us to use there showroom for a meeting place. Also woodcraft in Downingtown is a good location. The store owner there has down alot for the turning community. Give me a couple of more weeks to get a location.

Thanks

Alan

USAFVET98

I would think Phila is some what in the middle... north Jersey to south Delaware... probably even farther south would be the middle...but maybe if we don't have a volunteer in there shop Penn State is in the Phila area..... they could probably house us

Just my one cent...were ever it ends up being..I will see you there

Eric,
You are pretty close to me. Im right in hawley, honesdale area. I wish we could find more people up here. Phili is pretty far for me to travel. I can go as far as central Jersey.

Brian

randyrls

I am trying a couple of locations were we can meet. Maybe some where in the middle of the state for one meeting. Like Harrisburg area. Another meeting place in the philadelphia are for the south eastern group. Let me know what you think. I have talked to Woodcraft so far it seems to be no problem. I will be talking to Penn State Ind next week and get there feed back.

Alan

Alan and ALL; I am in Harrisburg PA. If anyone wants to come to Harrisburg instead of driving all the way to the meeting, you could stop in Harrisburg and we could car-pool from there.

I think this is a good idea for other coming from other directions.....

ashaw

Sorry guys not updating you lately. Penn State Ind has shown some interest. We would not be allowed to touch any tools. I am talking to the owner of Downingtown Woodcraft. He is responsive to the idea. We just have to wait until the after Christmas to work out the final detail. I will be going out there on the 26th. Also keep in mind the weekend of the 24th of January is the Philly Pen Show. If you haven't been to a Pen show This is a good one to go to. Not sure how many vendors will be there this year but Talking to Bertram's Inkwell they have downsize it to the Main Ballroom. Get good Idea on the Shows part. I will be providing the Grand Prize pen again this year.

Let me know if anyone is going and maybe we can dow a get together there as well.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday.

PostalBob

Tri State

I live over in New Jersey and trust me there are not many pen turners in the area. I would love to beable to meet each month near or close to me. Philly is over the bridge and thats not a problem. If you get something close please count me in
Thanks Postalbob

Rudy Vey

There are a few guys here in Central NJ (JT, Myself, Bob and Butch), for me the drive to Harrisburg is way too far. So if we could get a group together that could meet more close to home, I am all for it.

randyrls

There are a few guys here in Central NJ (JT, Myself, Bob and Butch), for me the drive to Harrisburg is way too far. So if we could get a group together that could meet more close to home, I am all for it.

Rudy; Maybe you could get together and carpool. I believe the meeting is planned for Penn State Industries in Philadelphia or somewhere in the Phily area.

Last edited:

randyrls

Let me know if anyone is going and maybe we can dow a get together there as well.

Cool about your supplying the Grand Prize.

I am interested in going. I blocked that entire weekend in my schedule. I found the link to the site where the show is detailed. Look up a few posts in this same thread.

barrels

Hello all,

I will be attending the show on Friday...If anybody would like to do lunch or something like that let me know.... or even introductions we can get this local chapter program started....

best wishes in the new year to all

ashaw

I am getting together with woodcraft on Wednesday. The owner sound good about Downingtown being a meeting place. I will let everyone know by Friday.

waynewright

Hey Eric,

I will be attending the Phila Pen show on Friday also. Would like to get together for lunch with you and anyone else who will be attending, or just meet someplace for introductions.
Let me know if you know of a place we can meet and at what time.

take care,
Wayne

bornleader

Anything come of this message thread?

My wife and I turn pens in South Jersey, near Philly. We belong to DelValTurners.com. This club has some excellent turners who share all their skills and information - however, they are not big into turning pens.

We love to join a club / forum for the Tri-state area for pen turners.

Regards,

Dave

randyrls

My wife and I turn pens in South Jersey, near Philly. We belong to DelValTurners.com.

Dave; The AAW has a "virtual" Pen turners chapter. I've thought about how to generate some interest for a more interactive forum.

On June 16th our Harrisburg Woodturners club is going to The Turning Center aka "Center for Art in Wood" for the day.

Top Bottom