supplies in San Dimas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all, I am new to San Dimas area and looking for finish supplies, CA glue, Accelerator and plastic polish. I know I can order this stuff on Amazon, But hoping to get it cheaper and local. Any recommendations?

Thank you,
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

csr67

Hi Dave, and greetings from nearby Eastvale CA. I buy most of my stuff online, but I do shop at Rockler in Ontario or the Woodcraft in Orange County near my work.

You might also try your local Hobby Lobby, they tend to carry a good assortment of CA glues. I just restocked yesterday on Thin CA and Accelerator from Satellite City. They make my favorite CA glue and aerosol accelerator. Their online direct prices were pretty good too! CA Glue from Satellite City Instant Glues- Cyanoacrylate Glue

Thank you, I found a Rockler in Ontaio. It is a couple miles closer than Anaheim. But no luck finding a closer Woodcraft. So I guess I am going to Ontario. Woowho.

Last edited:

iMattDaddy

Be careful

Be very careful. I've noticed, specifically at the Ontario store, that they tend to charge you more and extra things end up in your basket that you didn't intend on getting. Just a warning.

I go to that rockler as well if I'm going to a store for supplies and not online.

csr67

Be very careful. I've noticed, specifically at the Ontario store, that they tend to charge you more and extra things end up in your basket that you didn't intend on getting. Just a warning.

I go to that rockler as well if I'm going to a store for supplies and not online.

Interesting. Yes, I've found the bunch running the Ontario Mills Rockler an odd lot. I get much better service and selection when I stop by the Rockler in Orange and it's a much larger store too. If I need wood blanks in a hurry, the Woodcraft in OC has a much better selection than any Rockler and a cool staff to boot.

jsolie

I find that fewer things wind up in my basket if I go by myself. If I take my wife, those one or two things usually turn into a few more. :biggrin:

I try to plan my trips as these stores are 45 minutes to an hour away (or longer if the 91/15 is not cooperating).

we made it to Rockler yesterday. But got a little anoid as the salesman told me that the part numbers I had from Pennstate did not work for their stuff. But as I looked on the shelf the p/n on the bag was the same as Pennstates. So I gave up on advice from them and just did my best on my own. Unfortunitly may not go back to the one. Out of 4 bushings I needed I only found one. So I ordered online thins morning. So have to wait another week.

csr67

we made it to Rockler yesterday. But got a little anoid as the salesman told me that the part numbers I had from Pennstate did not work for their stuff. But as I looked on the shelf the p/n on the bag was the same as Pennstates. So I gave up on advice from them and just did my best on my own. Unfortunitly may not go back to the one. Out of 4 bushings I needed I only found one. So I ordered online thins morning. So have to wait another week.

Yes, they are often out of stuff at Rockler. I highly recommend Exotic Blanks, a great vendor here on IAP. I buy 90% of my stuff through them and they have great service and prices. The nice thing is that they group your pens together to allow quantity discounts. They carry most of the PSI stuff at lower prices and they ship much faster.

Top Bottom