New to San Diego Area - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > So. Cal.
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 7

Default New to San Diego Area

Hello All,

Just moved to the SD area a couple of months ago. Looking to see if there are any regularly scheduled meetings or events in the area. At the moment, I'm out of the country, but trying to get a head start on when I get back.

I'm coming from the Hampton Roads Area, and when I had an opportunity, I would get together with the guys in that area.

Look forward to meeting anyone when I get back. Have a great Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays.
Carrick is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

SD has one of the very best turning clubs in the country. I have been to some of their meetings when on travel and find they have a fantastic group of men and women turners. Check the web site for SD woodturners and you will find the best news letter in the country as well. Philip
philipff is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Philip,

Thanks much. I will definitely check it out.
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Welcome to San Diego!

x2 on the S.D. Woodturners club.I joined for a year,and enoyed it but could not attend
but a few of them.They meet one Sat a month,and if you have time they have lots of seminars during the week.They have a mentor program,too.

Like Philip said,there are a lot of very talented turners there.I enoyed the show & tell table,and the seminars that members would give.There was one on pen turning that was very good.

Be sure to attend the state fair in Del Mar in June,as they have a really good Designs in Wood display with the woodturners,and the renown Palomar College woodworking classes entering their works.Really impressivve.

Your membership card is good for a 10% diiscount at the local Rockler store in Clairmont Mesa ( right off thr 163 ) It comes in handy,as it pays the sales tax.

I'm happy for your move,the weather is really nice lately.

When you get settled in,let me know if you ever want to get together to talk pens & woodworking stuff!

Steve

Last edited by ossaguy; 11-22-2012 at 09:33 AM.
ossaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Steve,

Yeah I live around the corner from the Rockler. That has its good and bad points. I took a look a the SDWT website and it has some great stuff. I'm looking forward to getting in with them once I get back.

The organization and the fundraisers they do look like pretty awesome stuff. I appreciate the recommendations from you and Philip.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads