New to San Diego Area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carrick

Hello All,

Just moved to the SD area a couple of months ago. Looking to see if there are any regularly scheduled meetings or events in the area. At the moment, I'm out of the country, but trying to get a head start on when I get back.

I'm coming from the Hampton Roads Area, and when I had an opportunity, I would get together with the guys in that area.

Look forward to meeting anyone when I get back. Have a great Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

SD has one of the very best turning clubs in the country. I have been to some of their meetings when on travel and find they have a fantastic group of men and women turners. Check the web site for SD woodturners and you will find the best news letter in the country as well. Philip

ossaguy

Welcome to San Diego!

x2 on the S.D. Woodturners club.I joined for a year,and enoyed it but could not attend
but a few of them.They meet one Sat a month,and if you have time they have lots of seminars during the week.They have a mentor program,too.

Like Philip said,there are a lot of very talented turners there.I enoyed the show & tell table,and the seminars that members would give.There was one on pen turning that was very good.

Be sure to attend the state fair in Del Mar in June,as they have a really good Designs in Wood display with the woodturners,and the renown Palomar College woodworking classes entering their works.Really impressivve.

Your membership card is good for a 10% diiscount at the local Rockler store in Clairmont Mesa ( right off thr 163 ) It comes in handy,as it pays the sales tax.

I'm happy for your move,the weather is really nice lately.

When you get settled in,let me know if you ever want to get together to talk pens & woodworking stuff!

Steve

Last edited:

Carrick

Steve,

Yeah I live around the corner from the Rockler. That has its good and bad points. I took a look a the SDWT website and it has some great stuff. I'm looking forward to getting in with them once I get back.

The organization and the fundraisers they do look like pretty awesome stuff. I appreciate the recommendations from you and Philip.

Top Bottom