LA Pen Show - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > So. Cal.
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default LA Pen Show

Anyone going to the 2012 LA Pen Show?

Chris
CKormann is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 105

Anthony (PenWorks) and George (Texatdurango) both will have a booth there, I'm sure others will be there either buying or looking.

OKLAHOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKLAHOMAN View Post
Anthony (PenWorks) and George (Texatdurango) both will have a booth there, I'm sure others will be there either buying or looking.
Awesome, thanks. I will be sure to look for them.

Chris
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm hopping to make it on Sunday, but it will depend on how the wife is felling after her surgery this week.
jd99 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 36

I'm hoping to go out on Sunday. It will be my first.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy - My work is online at www.MartinPens.com / www.CigarIllusion.com or FB at MartinPens
MartinPens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

If possible, it would be nice to meet. Martin, I would love to see one of those cigar pens up close and personal.

My buddy and I have been going to the LA show for the past 15+ years. We started collecting vintage fountain pens, and that has progressed into making pens.

Danny, I hope your wife is doing well.

Let me know if you guys would like to meet at the show and put a face to the name.

Chris
Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 34

I'm going to be there on Sunday morning on the earlier end. Never been before so looking forward to it.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Where and When?
rskelly is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKLAHOMAN
Great to meet Anthony and George. Fantastic work. George's pens are especially amazing. I'm a bit exhausted from all there is to see. Got to meet the editor of Pen World and also ran into Ken Kallenshaan. Met Barry Gross. Didn't know he has been making cigar replica pens. I'm learning a lot about fountain pens. A bit overwhelmed actually. Very well attended show. Good luck guys! I hope sales go well for you.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy - My work is online at www.MartinPens.com / www.CigarIllusion.com or FB at MartinPens
MartinPens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

As Martin said, the turnout was really good. Much better than last year.

I also met George and was duly awed by his fountain pens. His attention to detail is impressive. I did not to speak with Barry Gross but I did see his pens, and his cigar pen is outstanding. Martin, I am disappointed I did not get to see one of yours.

My buddy and I have been going to the LA pen show for 15+ years. We started going to collect vintage fountain pens, but since I have started to make pens my focus at the show has shifted (though I still keep my eye out for good vintage pen - one of these days I will show up with $1500 and get that 1920s Mandarin Yellow Parker Sr. Duofold).

A couple thinks of note. Perhaps I am biased (ok, I am biased), but I saw nothing from the big names (Parker, Mont Blanc, Dupont, etc) that I felt was better than what I saw from George, Barry and a couple others who were making custom pens.

Something else I found interesting and encouraging was the prices that some of the custom pen makers were asking for kitted pens. I do not know if they were actually selling for at or near their asking price, but the fact that they were listing their pens at those prices was encouraging, particularly given that the economy is still recovering and expensive pens are a luxury purchase.

Chris
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads