Summer 2014 Meeting - Page 4 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Michigan
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 01:58 AM   #31 (permalink)

Location: Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States of America
Photos: 36

I got a call this afternoon to Sound TAPS for a Veteran's Funeral Military Honors at Cadillac Gardens Cemetery in Clinton Township. The funeral time is 2:00 PM. Another Bugler has taken ill so I need to stand in for him. I will call after the funeral and if things are still going try to still stop for meet people, etc.

Sorry

Ernie
oneleggimp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #32 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneleggimp View Post
I got a call this afternoon to Sound TAPS for a Veteran's Funeral Military Honors at Cadillac Gardens Cemetery in Clinton Township. The funeral time is 2:00 PM. Another Bugler has taken ill so I need to stand in for him. I will call after the funeral and if things are still going try to still stop for meet people, etc.

Sorry

Ernie
Our respects for the departed but bummer for us ...

The meetings typically go until 5:00 or so; please stop by if you can. Otherwise, we'll catch you next time.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #33 (permalink)

Default Rain or Shine ...

It is going to rain today ... but it is summer, so it will be warm.

Don't let the rain stop you ... we'll squeeze into Victor's shop if we need to.

See you all in about 4 hours.

Jim
Old 07-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

Photos: 2

I am sorry I could not make it today, I hope everybody had a good time and safe travels.
2003 MINI Cooper S JCW#249
Brandon Twp. MI
Mike of the North is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

Default Good Meeting ...

There was a family (Mom, Dad, and Austin) that saw the poster at Rockler. They couldn't stay long, but got a tutorial, was able to ask several questions and got some good advice before they left. Thank you Rockler for displaying our meeting announcement sign.

There were a dozen others in attendance. Several people brought some show-and-tell items; both pen and non-pen items. I demonstrated a Veritas Sharpening Guide that I think was well received. The demo also prompted some conversation and additional information flow(from those more experienced than I ... thank you for participating).

I took the addresses of several people who shop at the Rockler store on Woodward (the only Rockler in Michigan). If you shop there then send my your street address (PM or email) and I'll include you in the distribution of "ID Cards". The idea is that when you purchase something at Rockler, tell them you are with the Michigan Chapter of IAP (they may or may not ask for an ID), and you;'l get a 10% discount (to be combined with no other sale or discount). They also log in a notebook the fact that someone from our group purchased something. When that happen 10 (maybe 12) times, they'll send me a gift card for 20% off the next purchaser ... I'll use that to re-supply our raffle table.

So ... like I said (typed) ... if you shop there, let me know and I'll send you an ID-card.

Our next meeting will be in October. I'll start a new thread for that meeting in a few minutes. You should think about demo's (either requests for topics, or volunteering to put on a demo). I'm striving to have two topics per meeting. The tentative discussion was to show how to make a small hollow vessel (think, Christmas ornament) and a finial. Just in time for making Christmas gifts. But this isn't a done deal ... see the new thread for a complete discussion.

Thanks to everyone for attending ... especially Ohio-Bob & Betty ... And a special thanks to Victor for hosting (and the free wood!).

Talk/type to you all soon ... in the next thread.

Jim
Logged on members can hide ads