Spring/Summer Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Our confirmed schedule is:
1. April 22, 2018 (Location: To be determined, we are open for anyone who wishes to volunteer their Shop/Studio.)

Time:
• 1:30 - Pre-Meeting Tutorial for New Pen Turners
• 2:00 start time for the meeting
Our agenda will take us to 4:30-ish, then we "talk shop" for as long as it takes. (See details below.)

Food: As a group, we've been pretty good about snacks. Please discuss in the other thread who will volunteer to bring what.

Directions: Use Mapping / GPS tools for detailed directions from your location. Meeting location is to be determined, if you want to volunteer your location all you have to do is say (type) something in the discussion thread.

Typical Agenda:
• (Pre-Meeting Tutorial - Starts at 1:30)
• Introductions (Starts at 2:00)
• Raffle Ticket Sales: $5 each (there's no need to buy more than one, no requirement to participate)
• Business
o Update on our funds (which is always 0$ since Jim spends the previous meetings raffle income to buy things for the current meeting)
o Anything else if/when needed
• Show and Tell:
o Everyone should plan on telling at least one story or ask one question
o If you don't have any new pens ... then bring something else
• Shop Talk (talk about your 'shop')
• Story Telling (kind of like fishing stories, only about turning and flat work)
• Swap & Shop - If you bring anything to trade or sell, this is the time to explain them.
• Parts Exchange - An extension of Swap & Trade, but is specific to pen kits parts
• Raffle
• Demo 1 – Looking for volunteers.
• Demo 2 – Looking for volunteers.
Raffle Notes: $5 per ticket gets you a something from the table (no need to buy more than one ticket). Everyone is encouraged to bring a trinket to throw on the table.

You can provide suggestions, ask questions, and perhaps volunteer to demonstrate on this site.

For questions, contact:

Ron at ...
IAP: scotirish
email: rblack002@comcast.net
586-530-6308 (cell)

Fuzz

New member here. Planning on being there if it takes place and if I don't have to work. Hate working weekends, but have to support my new pen turning habit some how!

Should I be concerned that there are no replys to the thread yet? Turners in Michigan aren't losing interest are they?

Hope to meet and talk shop with many of you in April.

Fuzz - Warren, MI

scotirish

New member here. Planning on being there if it takes place and if I don't have to work. Hate working weekends, but have to support my new pen turning habit some how!

Should I be concerned that there are no replys to the thread yet? Turners in Michigan aren't losing interest are they?

Hope to meet and talk shop with many of you in April.

Fuzz - Warren, MI

We started with a reasonably large group. It has been falling fairly constantly for the past several years. Seem to have a problem with finding a shop/studio to hold the meetings in. Victor used to host the meeting and we looked forward to that one, because he is also a wood seller (good wood and great prices)! Keep your eye on this blog to see if we can find a meeting place.
Ron

Top Bottom