Where oh Where shall we meet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

As we just a few weeks ago all (most of us) met for a get together I was thinking that after the first of the year so chime in with your suggestions as to when and where.

Maybe one of you that live in OKC can contact the Woodcraft store on May Ave. or if you prefer I don't mind having it at my shop again and all bring a covered dish and we'll have burgers again.

Lets hear from all in the next couple of weeks so we can set this up to not conflict with shows or other plans.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

I think it's a great idea to get together again. Where to do it is a tough one. Roy, you did such a great job hosting the last one that it's hard to think of where we could have it that would be even close to as good as your place. I don't mind calling Woodcraft and see what they say. If someone else would rather call becuase they no someone there let me know and I won't call. I'll put my mind at work to see what I can think of as far as other locations. We might consider a road trip to see Dustin, if he'd like some company. Not nessecarily at his house , but maybe there would be a place close, like a woodcraft, that we could use. If we try to come up with some neat things to do at a get together near him we can determine what we might nee to pack up and take with us (tools, material, etc.) and still do some neat demos. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

tim self

Since I'm the new guy here, I'll go along with the group. The only gatherings I go to is my monthly in Broken Bow. But if it's in Shawnee, we can see the grandbaby.:biggrin: Just keep me in the loop.

Thanks
Tim

Paul in OKC

We could use the wood shop at my church. I'll double check, but it shouldn't be a problem. There are usually a couple of tables and some chairs in there to sit and eat. (and besides, I got the keys!!) It is in Bethany. There are three lathes, a drill press, bs, ts, mitre saw, scroll saw, etc. I could bring a couple of more lathes if needed.

JDenney

Cheryl and I were talking the other day about hosting a get together early in the new year at our house, but I like Paul's idea even better. With the tools available and a nice space, some of the more experienced turners could show us noobs some things. I learned more in one afternoon at Roy's last month than in a year by myself. I would be glad to bring my lathe and tools as well, so we could have several things going at once. I will even volunteer to arrange the food/beverage options, once we set a date.

OKLAHOMAN

I heard from Angelofdeath and he will be home in Feb., it would be great to plan something after he gets home from Iraq.

Paul, thats great, thank your pastor from us.

Top Bottom