Just saying "hi" to the other Okies!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

I've been on IAP about 3 months and about time I said hi directly to the other Okies on the forum. I'm a newbie and have had great input from a lot of you so thank you very much!

I have in-laws in Tecumseh so I could plan a dual-purpose trip and would hope to attend the next chapter meeting at Roy's in Shawnee.

Thanks again for the help/comments you've given to a fellow Okie.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Welcome Jim, we look forward to having you at our next get-together and learning from you. We all seem to learn from all who attend...

RAdams

Banned
Welcome Jim!!

OHHH.... There is Roy being nice again!!

Last meeting i don't think anyone learned anything from me.... But i sure did learn TONS! We are fortunate in the fact that we have a couple of MASTER penmakers in our state who seem to enjoy teaching rookies like us! The meetings at Roy's house are SO MUCH FUN! Well worth the two hour drive for me!!! Hope to see you at the next one!!

Speaking of...... when is the next shindig???

OKLAHOMAN

Well Ron my fall show season starts this week end and at this point looks like the only free week end between now and the real cold weather is the last week-end in Sept. Don't know if thats enought time to get all together but ill get some emails out.

RAdams

Banned
sorry to highjack...

i just sent you a reply. that weekend is tough for me. I might can make it.. i sure hope so anyway.

OKLAHOMAN

Guys in the PM I send all I said the 25Th, thats on a Friday I meant the 26Th, sorry for the confusion.

les-smith

Howdy Jim from Moore, OK. I'll attest that when I went to Roy's it was one of the highlights of my year. It would be well worth your trip.

Remey688

I'm Remey from Oklahoma City. Mrs. Remey and I live north. I work downtown. I'll written with a fountain pen since I was 16 and would be very interested in learning more about making a fountain pen, and meeting others for lunch.

cowchaser

Guess I should reintroduce myself. I am Dustin and now live in Bartlesville, OK. Just transferred here and moved here from Ponca City, OK. I use to turn pens and was taught by the man Roy. Sold all my stuff before my transfer and am looking at possibly getting a new setup and starting up again. Trying to resist, but who knows what will happen. Some of you know and remember me some of you don't. Anyways hello again everyone.

Paul in OKC

I'm Remey from Oklahoma City. Mrs. Remey and I live north. I work downtown. I'll written with a fountain pen since I was 16 and would be very interested in learning more about making a fountain pen, and meeting others for lunch.

Welcome to you as well! I work near the stockyards area, so not too far away.

OKLAHOMAN

James, welcome from another Okie, hope sometime this fall we just might have a meeting at my shop and you and a guest surely are welcome.

kinggabby

We should all get together in OKC and have coffee some Saturday morning. What Paul's buying .... I'm in LOL just kidding Paul. Would be nice to meet everyone. Already know one of the Okies and have met another one. My landladies husband was inspired from me ( I don't know why ) and decided to buy a lathe and stuff and try his hand at pen making. He has become a member of this site but has not posted yet.

Top Bottom