Anyone in okc still actively turning?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Maddog

Trying to see if any near Mustang/OKC is still actively turning? If so I would love to chat. I am a beginner. I just started turning pens in January and have many questions and issues!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

While I am over in the Little Rock area, I am sure there are numerous in OKC. I know of numerous guy's from all over Oklahoma.

If you can do a search of wood turning clubs in Oklahoma you should find several that have active web sites, there you should be able to find some contact information.

If you still have trouble drop me a PM with your contact information and I will pass it on to the the guy's I know.

Another thought at the top of the main page there is the link to the Member Ma. Click on that and you will find several hot buttons click on it and you can get to there information and contact info.

Last edited:

Paul in OKC

Trying to see if any near Mustang/OKC is still actively turning? If so I would love to chat. I am a beginner. I just started turning pens in January and have many questions and issues!!!

Not as active as I wood like, but do have a blank on the lathe now! (even thought it's been there for a week, or three!). I live just NW of the fair grounds, work near the Stockyards.

rossvh

I'm in OKC/Edmond. I've turned over 500 pens and have done bowls/goblets/ etc. I'd be glad to try and help.
RossVH

Skie_M

I'm south of OKC in the Lawton / Ft Sill area.

I haven't been around here much this year, having started a new job that's keeping me very busy, plus I've been doing some remodeling of my house and yard on the side.

I'll start myself a thread soon concerning the shed/wood shop that I'm planning for the back yard, as I'll want some insight on layout and design, especially concerning the foundation and flooring....

Still doing pens, however ... made one lately for a friend out of cherry wood, and he nearly lost it to his wife, so he asked me for another and I made him one out of purpleheart for his wife, so that they wont get confused as to who's is who's...

Seriously gave thought to going to the local international festival last year and the arts for all festival earlier this year, but had too many work issues getting in the way ... hoping I can make it to one of them this year.

Started turning pens in June of last year, so I'm still a newbie at it, myself. Ask me and I can tell you how I get around not having all the latest gadgets and toys, like a pen drilling chuck or a squaring jig ...

Also, did a quick search and came up with this ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• AAW Central OK.jpg
    AAW Central OK.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Top Bottom