Anyone in okc still actively turning? - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > Oklahoma
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Anyone in okc still actively turning?

Trying to see if any near Mustang/OKC is still actively turning? If so I would love to chat. I am a beginner. I just started turning pens in January and have many questions and issues!!!
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 2

While I am over in the Little Rock area, I am sure there are numerous in OKC. I know of numerous guy's from all over Oklahoma.

If you can do a search of wood turning clubs in Oklahoma you should find several that have active web sites, there you should be able to find some contact information.

If you still have trouble drop me a PM with your contact information and I will pass it on to the the guy's I know.

Another thought at the top of the main page there is the link to the Member Ma. Click on that and you will find several hot buttons click on it and you can get to there information and contact info.

"Politicians are like Diapers they need changing and for the same reason"

Mark Twain

Last edited by BJohn; 02-03-2016 at 05:10 PM.
BJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-04-2016, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
Trying to see if any near Mustang/OKC is still actively turning? If so I would love to chat. I am a beginner. I just started turning pens in January and have many questions and issues!!!
Not as active as I wood like, but do have a blank on the lathe now! (even thought it's been there for a week, or three!). I live just NW of the fair grounds, work near the Stockyards.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..........
Paul in OKC is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 49

Check out the member map from home page. May not include all, but certainly some are there.

BRobbins629 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 03-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
I'm in OKC/Edmond. I've turned over 500 pens and have done bowls/goblets/ etc. I'd be glad to try and help.
RossVH
rossvh is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 09-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 7

I'm south of OKC in the Lawton / Ft Sill area.

I haven't been around here much this year, having started a new job that's keeping me very busy, plus I've been doing some remodeling of my house and yard on the side.

I'll start myself a thread soon concerning the shed/wood shop that I'm planning for the back yard, as I'll want some insight on layout and design, especially concerning the foundation and flooring....

Still doing pens, however ... made one lately for a friend out of cherry wood, and he nearly lost it to his wife, so he asked me for another and I made him one out of purpleheart for his wife, so that they wont get confused as to who's is who's...

Seriously gave thought to going to the local international festival last year and the arts for all festival earlier this year, but had too many work issues getting in the way ... hoping I can make it to one of them this year.

Started turning pens in June of last year, so I'm still a newbie at it, myself. Ask me and I can tell you how I get around not having all the latest gadgets and toys, like a pen drilling chuck or a squaring jig ...

Also, did a quick search and came up with this ...

Attendance is not mandatory, unless you're addicted to turning pens.

Last edited by Skie_M; 09-04-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads